Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When's the last time you tried a new program? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=54641)

Evil Chris 2009-09-25 12:53 PM

When's the last time you tried a new program?

Just curious. I'm sure that most people are like me in that I use the same handful of programs for the bulk of my own traffic, and rarely have I tried something new especially in this economical climate.

When's the last time you signed up to try something new?

stuveltje 2009-09-25 12:57 PM

Good question! I cant even remember when i signed in at a new program, i believe the last time was 3 or 4 years ago or so.....duhhh something to think about....

virgohippy 2009-09-25 01:35 PM

It's probably been over a year at least for me. It's pretty close to being next on my to-do list.

housekeeper 2009-09-25 02:42 PM

Several times here recently, there have been some great new sites to hit the market, and more to follow...

Paul&John 2009-09-25 05:54 PM

Signed up to a brand new sites affiliate program (ccbill) and it made some ok money. But it got oversaturated too fast i think.

LeRoy 2009-09-25 08:01 PM

I try new ones all the time. If I get as sale I'll work it some more.

If it doesnt then I move on.

bDok 2009-09-25 08:06 PM

I try new ones all the time. I've signed up for a couple last week and this week.

Evil Chris 2009-09-25 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeRoy (Post 465266)

Ours is new. ;)

LeRoy 2009-09-25 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 465270)
Ours is new. ;)

And I'm promoting you ;)

Hit me up on ICQ anytime Chris I'm @ 389454453 :)

smutguy 2009-09-25 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeRoy (Post 465266)

+1

tickler 2009-09-25 11:23 PM

++1

A couple of things though:
- I generally only push micro-niche sites that have at least 2-3 niches in the site.

- Sometimes I will try more general stuff if there is some $$$ promotion that allows me to throw traffic at a site and see if any sticks at ratios(ie. 1:200) that make it worthwhile.

Fonz 2009-09-26 08:29 AM

Every time a new sponsor comes out with flashy banners and the promise of killer ratios I sign up for them, I'm a sucker when it comes to things like this :)

bluebrit 2009-09-26 01:31 PM

I sign up to new programs when I am looking for something particular but I ask for a look inside to see what's available to buyers at the same time.

If I don't get a reply to the request or they reply and don't offer a look inside and just say they will see if it can be sorted out, then in all probability, I would still add a few links to see what happens but I won't push them hard unless I see real interest in those links and at least a sale or two.

If they can't be bothered to give me a look inside, why should I be bothered to heavily promote a new program I know nothing about?

There are plenty of programs out there that will give you access to the site for a day to look around and those are the ones that interest me. If the site is good such a request should not be an issue and if I don't hear from them, the chances are the site is crap and I don't want them anyway.

Times are tough and I am not going to waste traffic on a maybe when I can be sure another program has the content available am I trying to sell.

born2blog 2009-09-29 10:41 PM

I started promoting 2 new sponsors in the past month or so. Tried promoting mobile sites for a bit recently too but dropped all the links because I can't really convert that yet

xcore 2009-09-30 09:47 AM

+1 for sign up in new programs!
New program - if its built on exclusive content - brings a lot $$$ unless its shared all over the internet.

Having such in my sig. If you have any questions - please dont hesitate to hit me up.

LeRoy 2009-09-30 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcore (Post 465580)
+1 for sign up in new programs!
New program - if its built on exclusive content - brings a lot $$$ unless its shared all over the internet.

Having such in my sig. If you have any questions - please dont hesitate to hit me up.

Hey start your own thread about your own program.

And I got your PM spam too . Thanks |thumb