Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Link Lists & Getting Listed (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How many recips? How much is too much? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=47430)

JohnnyR 2008-06-09 06:32 AM

How many recips? How much is too much?

For a couple of reasons I'm sure most of you know (so I'm not gonna get into that) I'm considering not doing mirrors anymore.

I'm currently submitting to about 80 sites. I group the recips according to the traffic they sent me, so ~80% of my traffic comes from the first recip group. So the math says that even if I only submit to those I wouldn't loose that much. However, there are quite a few sites that I don't wanna drop. Even tho these are not sending much traffic, they either belong to people I befriended since I started doing adult, or to people that I respect, that helped me or others along the way and this is my way of saying thanks and most of them belong to members and friends on this board so I'm spreading the love :)

All in all, I did some math and I would like to submit to about 40 sites. So I ask you how many recips are acceptable? And I know for a fact that a lot of people are interested in the answer.

I made a sample page with 40 recips here (random recips, I just grabbed 2 recip tables): http://www.pleasuredelivery.com/sites/bbw-wife/test/

I believe that the benefits of a submitter not doing mirrors are worth making this concession from a LL owner POV as well... The topic was discussed a lot on this board and I'm sure the reasons are obvious.

So what do you think? I contacted a few LL owners in private and now I'm asking publicly: is that OK? And if not, why not?

JackDaniel's 2008-06-09 07:55 AM

Hey Johnny ... that site looks ok to me. As long as the site looks good I don't have a problem with it.

Here is another thread you might wanna check out :

http://greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=43438

NY Jester 2008-06-09 08:59 AM

Johnnyeven with the double set of 20 recips the index still looks pretty clean. Id be interested in what the larger LL owners have to say but I dont see anything thats overowering on that page to have 40 recips.

LD 2008-06-09 11:02 AM

Stcik my recip on that sucker, submit, and i would be happy to list. Would be very interested in what the big list say.

Mr Spock 2008-06-09 12:03 PM

Looks neat - I don't see why you wouldn't get listed.

Greenguy 2008-06-09 12:37 PM

I think that once you adjust the width of the recip table to be less than the width of the table it's it, it'd be fine & I'd list it :D

JohnnyR 2008-06-09 01:33 PM

So far so good...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 405347)
I think that once you adjust the width of the recip table to be less than the width of the table it's it, it'd be fine & I'd list it :D

taken care of :D

plateman 2008-06-09 02:42 PM

they way he has them set up looks ok and I would list the layout:D

KG Gary 2008-06-09 02:52 PM

Yeah, the consoles are pretty heavy for me too. (IE7)
The back button is hijacked for a line of other paysites, and there is also a string of small-window popups along the way.
:(

SheepGuy 2008-06-09 03:40 PM

Other than what KG mentioned I'm cool with 40 recips, even 50 if it's well laid out.

KG Gary 2008-06-09 04:29 PM

I should have at least addressed the original issue in my last post, so I'm sorry for that JohnnyR. Please accept my apologies for jumping in on only the side issue. My bad.

I've seen sites rejected for having over 20 recips in the recip table in the past, but with the recent discussion about freesite 1.5/2.0 I'm not sure how those same site owners would react now.

I think that the example here demonstrates that it can be done nicely and cleanly, which is good. If I ran a link list I'd be fine with a site like this.
:)

Tekster 2008-06-09 04:48 PM

No problems here, clean layout and it does not look like spam. I think it would be a matter of deciding on a site by site basis, since some look OK but others, even with 20 recipts look bad. That being said, I would list this one without any problem.

plateman 2008-06-09 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plateman (Post 405358)
they way he has them set up looks ok and I would list the layout:D

oh please forgive I wasnt thinking right happens a lot lately:D

with 40 recips and word of advise here, sure they look ok and you could never have 40 recip buttons look right, but SEO wise and the way the engines are now, I would highly recommend that you use single recips, cause think about 40 text links having 80 urls

I dont have 80 urls as link trades on my LL index

IMO the engines may frown on having a 4 page site that hardly ever changes and carries 80 urls and 40 of them point to the same site 2 times, index/category

80 urls may trip a link farm filter, who really knows for sure but I would only have single text links either to the LL's index or category page to be on the safer side

also I would really think hard about subbing to a LL that insisted on category and index recips

I think us LL owners and free site submitters need to use more thought before everyone says ok to accepting FS with 40 text recips

I also have sone idea's and opinions about all this a/b/c recip linking ideas and this evolve stuff

japamor 2008-06-09 05:30 PM

I think the answer really depends on how well laid out the FS is.
In theory 40 recips sounds too much but when I look at this layout its fine, neat and tidy. I'd list it for sure. :)

Presmar 2008-06-10 12:56 AM

I think the layout looks great. Extremely neat looking for 40 recips. good job