Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Reasons To Quit Smoking (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=38496)

DJilla 2007-02-21 03:28 PM

Reasons To Quit Smoking

After three weeks, you'll be stupid as a rock because your brain can't handle the extra oxygen, unable to concentrate, sweating, sleeping for two hours at a time, waking up trying to get something done giving up and going back to bed for two more hours, make mistakes on everything you do, want to tear the head off of anybody that annoys you which is usually everyone and everything. You are weaker and shorter of breathe than you ever remember being while you smoked. Can't eat anything. And now I'm in the stage where I'm coughing every sixty seconds for the reward of a penny sized piece of flem. My chest is so sore I feel like I have broken ribs. Boy this is GREAT!

MrYum 2007-02-21 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJilla (Post 333196)
After three weeks, you'll be stupid as a rock because your brain can't handle the extra oxygen, unable to concentrate, sweating, sleeping for two hours at a time, waking up trying to get something done giving up and going back to bed for two more hours, make mistakes on everything you do, want to tear the head off of anybody that annoys you which is usually everyone and everything. You are weaker and shorter of breathe than you ever remember being while you smoked. Can't eat anything. And now I'm in the stage where I'm coughing every sixty seconds for the reward of a penny sized piece of flem. My chest is so sore I feel like I have broken ribs. Boy this is GREAT!

Sounds awesome!

Hmmm...think I'm gonna step out for a smoke :D

Seriously though DJ...good luck with it man, tough road to be sure, but you'll be glad you did it in the end |thumb

Aquarius 2007-02-21 03:53 PM

wow, sound like fun. Stay strong bro, you made a good choice.

DJilla 2007-02-21 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrYum (Post 333201)
Sounds awesome!

Hmmm...think I'm gonna step out for a smoke :D

Thanks for both of the encouragements. Funny enough, I'm not having a problem with wanting to smoke.... just want to feel human again.

Lisa 2007-02-21 04:23 PM

Hang in there, it gets better, I promise.

The timing of your post is quite ironic...today is my 1 year quitting anniversary. :)

DJilla 2007-02-21 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa (Post 333221)
Hang in there, it gets better, I promise.

The timing of your post is quite ironic...today is my 1 year quitting anniversary. :)

That's stellar. I always believe in those coincidental msgs nature sends.

JackDaniel's 2007-02-21 06:36 PM

I never thought about quiting smoking :)

I smoke since I was 16 but I nerver smoked more than 10 cigarettes/day

And surely I could not quit now that I'm on diet to loose weight :D