Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thursday 9th March and Ecchi is back (so everyone is happy). (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68424)

ecchi 2017-03-09 08:30 AM

Thursday 9th March and Ecchi is back (so everyone is happy).

Not been around for a few days, because I have been in bloody hospital yet again. Was only supposed to be in for a few hours, for a bit of surgery under local (starting the fistula). But for reasons they refer to as "complications", and I refer to as "bodged job", I was in for a few days.

I should probably not complain, I had a private room with a big screen TV (much bigger than the one at home), and my meals brought to me - all paid for by the state. But bugger it, I had work to do, and I need what little money that work brings in!

Greenguy 2017-03-09 08:50 AM

Morning! |waves|

Well, we had another wind storm yesterday & it basically took down the rest of my fence :( We don't have the money to repair it or put up a new one, so it looks like we're just gonna take what's left of it down.

Just work for me today, aside from going to pics up the ASSIL.

ecchi - big screen TV |thumb

Greenguy 2017-03-09 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 545691)
Well, we had another wind storm yesterday & it basically took down the rest of my fence :( We don't have the money to repair it or put up a new one, so it looks like we're just gonna take what's left of it down.

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1489068419

Cleo 2017-03-09 11:37 AM

Yeah, wood fencing goes bad after a while and is really expensive to replace. :(

Continuing my move to Godaddy. Got all my adult domains moved and now moving my two mainstream blogs. Got the outdoor one moved already. My personal one is giving me issues. After that, I have to start on the redesign and move of the A/C site and then my move is done.

Then back to driving for pay...

MeatPounder 2017-03-09 04:14 PM

Good news though Greenie!
You now have a bigger yard|bananna|

Ramster 2017-03-09 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 545692)

That sucks. Looks like taking it down is the best move. |thumb

ecchi 2017-03-10 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 545698)
Continuing my move to Godaddy.

If it is not too late, change horses. GoDaddy have a very bad rep, and the fact that I have spent most of today trying to sort out a problem with them with no luck until I started making "Then I'll take Godaddy to court, and it will be a criminal charge not a civil one" noises did they show any interest in helping me.

Use Godaddy, and at some time in the future you will regret it, I regularly do!

Pagan 2017-03-10 08:37 PM

Funny, I have used them for domain names since oh, about... 1998 with nothing but great service. You pay a bit more for them, but I always got it back in the customer service end. I have never hosted with them though. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on that.

ecchi 2017-03-11 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagan (Post 545709)
Funny, I have used them for domain names since oh, about... 1998 with nothing but great service.

You remind me of this guy who fell off the roof of a hundred story building. As he tumbled over he thought "Oh no, it is a hundred stories down. I'll hit the ground and die." However it takes a long time to fall 100 stories, and seems even longer if you are the person falling. So as this guy passed the twentieth floor he thought "Hey I've been falling a long time, perhaps I'm never going to hit the ground and die."

Pagan 2017-03-11 01:39 PM

I have heard enough negative things about GoDaddy hosting to stay clear. I did say I have only used their domain registrar services for nearly 20 years now with good results. Out of the 100 or so domain names I have had over the years, they haven't messed up a single one and have always gone well above the expected on customer service. Other registrar services have been real nightmares (Enom, 1and1 and a couple of others I would rather not recall). Everyone finds their own niche, thankfully, and what works for me may very well not work for you, especially as I have long abandoned XP.

ecchi 2017-03-11 06:19 PM

Spent several hours the other day, trying to sort a Godardy domain name problem.
Have, in the past, lost domains due to their incompetence. I only use them for domains I have that were pushed to them when they took over my old registrar, or domains I buy off someone that were registered through them (so have to be pushed to a Godaddy account) - but I have had many problems with them. And I have heard worse from other people.

Cleo 2017-03-12 03:10 AM

I've got a bunch of mainstream clients on Godaddy for years now. No issues at all and their tech support has been great. They have really good support for Wordpress. But I wouldn't use them for adult hosting and anything involving custom scripts.