Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Link Lists & Getting Listed (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Counters & click-thru scripts installed on MY server, Allowed? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=27966)

Magnoody 2006-01-15 09:12 AM

Counters & click-thru scripts installed on MY server, Allowed?

|waves|

Are sites with counters and click-thru scripts allowed? I know that third-party counters are not allowed, but these scripts will be installed on *MY* servers and I have full control over them. I'm trying some new sponsors and would like to know how they are doing. :)
|pirate

Surfn 2006-01-15 10:28 AM

Four simple words "not a good idea"...

MrYum 2006-01-15 10:37 AM

Yea Mag...as Surfn mentioned...you're probably not going to find many that will accept sites with counters...3rd party or otherwise. It's been abused way too much in the past. You should be able to gather the info you seek from your server stats.

MadMax 2006-01-15 11:21 AM

No counters, no way, no how. Sorry man, black letter rule. Click through scripts are OK with me, but you must use mouseovers to show the surfer (and me) where they're going. Links like "yourdomain.com/go.php?0453948" do not make me feel warm and fuzzy. Sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

Bear in mind that the top freesite builders in the biz find their server stats sufficient :)

Magnoody 2006-01-15 11:33 AM

Thx guys for the reply |headbang|

It's always said that counters are not accepted as submitters don't have control on them. As they are on my servers they are fully controlled.they won't install trojans or open popups!
Those that want to abuse, will always find there ways.with scripts or without. and those who care for the LL they submit to, and their traffic, won't try to screw them. And I think the LL that I regularly submit to, knows that I respect their LL and also their surfers.

Servers stats won't give you which pages get more traffic, what pages get which keywords and more specific details that I need.

Click-thru are a must when I'm trying a new sponsor. And yup, I use mouse-overs when using them :)

Mattinblack 2006-01-15 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnoody
Servers stats won't give you which pages get more traffic, what pages get which keywords and more specific details that I need.

Get a decent host then. Mine do. Gives me summaries and a 300 page plus report if I want it (which is never!).

Magnoody 2006-01-15 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattinblack
Get a decent host then. Mine do. Gives me summaries and a 300 page plus report if I want it (which is never!).

Do you get the referrers and keywords for every page? per page not for the whole domain. if your host gives you this stats then shoot me a pm with the links.and don't forget to use your ref links if they offer an aff

Yahook 2006-01-15 07:01 PM

Magnoody, you can use php counter or server stats.

RawAlex 2006-01-15 07:20 PM

If you have "