Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Link Lists & Getting Listed (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   hey LL owners (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=61797)

plateman 2011-05-12 08:48 PM

hey LL owners

if its ok with GG&J who wants to have a meeting to talk about the biz?

Bill 2011-05-12 08:59 PM

that should be a nutty conversation.

SheepGuy 2011-05-12 09:27 PM

I'd be up for something like that, pick a time and date and we could use the chat room.

Cleo 2011-05-12 09:31 PM

Sure... misery loves company.

Ramster 2011-05-13 12:51 PM

biz? that'll be a short meeting :D

bDok 2011-05-13 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 503409)
biz? that'll be a short meeting :D

lol.

Yea lets figure out a meeting time. I'm all for talking about ideas.

SheepGuy 2011-05-13 06:42 PM

How about Saturday (tomorrow) at 3 p.m. EST?

bDok 2011-05-13 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheepGuy (Post 503427)
How about Saturday (tomorrow) at 3 p.m. EST?

Doesn't work for me as I'll be attending a wedding. Something more during the standard work week would always work better for me. |thumb

SheepGuy 2011-05-13 08:07 PM

How's Tuesday at 3 p.m.?

Cleo 2011-05-13 09:02 PM

So do we want to do voice on Skype or text on irc?

I think it would be nice to start doing something like MML use to do.

hashbury 2011-05-13 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 503438)
I think it would be nice to start doing something like MML use to do.

I would like that. I do more mainstream than adult but would still like to participate.

pc 2011-05-13 09:57 PM

Good idea.
I rarely visit OTB because of the air time, at 3 pm I still work 6 days a week, but if you guys set the time little later, I'll be there too.

Bill 2011-05-13 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashbury (Post 503439)
I do more mainstream than adult but would still like to participate.

lol, who freakin doesn't these days. I'm glad i had other businesses to take up the slack.

I'm watching closely for the next few business models to emerge from the mist, to see which way to move.

I'd be interested in a later meeting - not a ll owner but I got an interest.

plateman 2011-05-13 11:37 PM

ok how about next week in the 8 to 8:30 range, post and we can adjust

plateman 2011-05-13 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 503441)
lol, who freakin doesn't these days. I'm glad i had other businesses to take up the slack.

I'm watching closely for the next few business models to emerge from the mist, to see which way to move.

I'd be interested in a later meeting - not a ll owner but I got an interest.

Bingo Bill come when we decide on a day and time and i am not throwing BS

Cleo 2011-05-14 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashbury (Post 503439)
I would like that. I do more mainstream than adult but would still like to participate.

I've been thinking of trying to do some mainstream blogs trying to sell something.

Don't see any reason to make it LL owners only or even adult only. Should be for anyone trying to make a living selling whatever should on the internet.

I was thinking noonish Saturday but I could do evenings too since the day is hard for some.

MML always had a subject more or less planned in advance which seems like a good idea.

I'll have to ask Chris how MML was broadcasting Skype calls so that we could have people call in if we wanted.

Fonz 2011-05-14 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 503446)
I've been thinking of trying to do some mainstream blogs trying to sell something.

I just started my first one. I'm not really sure how to get traffic to it but hey, maybe this little chat canbring up some points I've missed.
8-8:30PM is like the middle of the night here :)

Cleo 2011-05-14 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonz (Post 503448)
8-8:30PM is like the middle of the night here :)

Well that is inconvenient...

Forgot all about time zones and that this board is a global board.

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1305372542

The only day/time that doesn't work for me is Sunday since I'm at church... err I mean out on the water or doing something besides having my fat ass in front of the computer since that is usually Christy's day off.

JustRobert 2011-05-14 02:01 PM

If I can make what ever time you all decide on I will be there. I really miss OTB and MML, the info I got on his show continues to earn me money today.

Not only that but my wife and I made friends on the east coast and Canada that we visit every year :)

Greenguy 2011-05-14 05:10 PM

I think what we need is a game plan - talking points & maybe a list of what concerns are - this way, we can all have notes going into this & not just show up & wonder what the fuck is wrong with the Link List model.

Cleo 2011-05-14 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenie (Post 503470)
I think what we need is a game plan - talking points & maybe a list of what concerns are - this way, we can all have notes going into this & not just show up & wonder what the fuck is wrong with the Link List model.

I agree.

We also need to agree on a time, maybe vote in a poll.

On a side note I think I figured out, with the help of Chris, how to stream voice and Skype in case we would like to do call-ins like MML use to do.

Bill 2011-05-14 05:39 PM

Damn fucking straight.

This is a broad spectrum phenomenon, with no obvious answers, and no simple solutions. As I said, I have been watching for any signs of new models emerging, and I'm not a dumb guy - but I'm not seeing anything yet that looks like the gleam of any new model on the horizon.

Everywhere I look, so far, I see retreat.

Which is why my first response was "that should be a nutty conversation".

So, game plans and points and lists sound like tools to use.

I've been waiting to see how this group would shake down and who would be left as the waves of retreat wash over us all.

Bill 2011-05-15 06:27 PM

so what's the new news on this?

ya know, we don't necessarily have to wait for a chat to start discussing things.

let's see - these issues break down into general areas.

You got your traffic area.

you got your sales destination area (where do you send traffic for best results)

you got your content area (what types of content are working, both to attract traffic and to promote a sales destination)

you got content protection.

you got customer ability willingness/ability to buy (related to sales destination)

what else should be on the list?

plateman set this up originally as a traffic/content oriented discussion. and thats's a big deal area for sure.

plateman 2011-05-15 07:01 PM

well lets go talk in the chat room and make sure who is there can keep what is said under wraps

plateman 2011-05-15 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 503516)
so what's the new news on this?

ya know, we don't necessarily have to wait for a chat to start discussing things.

let's see - these issues break down into general areas.

You got your traffic area.

you got your sales destination area (where do you send traffic for best results)

you got your content area (what types of content are working, both to attract traffic and to promote a sales destination)

you got content protection.

you got customer ability willingness/ability to buy (related to sales destination)

what else should be on the list?

plateman set this up originally as a traffic/content oriented discussion. and thats's a big deal area for sure.

well everyone is not here and a time is not set but bill hit on a lot of things and we for sure need to use the tools that we all have that has got us this far