Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Radio Show tonight at 8 PM (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=61854)

Cleo 2011-05-18 06:52 PM

Radio Show tonight at 8 PM

Christy just got home and let me know that it's Wednesday so I guess tonight is a good night to start the show.

Details are here
http://www.greenguysboard.com/radio.html

Don't have any guests lined up so if anyone would like to call in go for it.

terry 2011-05-18 07:07 PM

Nice!

pc 2011-05-18 07:31 PM

I'll be there

hashbury 2011-05-18 07:36 PM

Count me in.

Greenguy 2011-05-18 07:52 PM

Ahhh fuck it - I might as well show up :)

Bill 2011-05-18 08:06 PM

hmmm - the greeny java chat fails for me

and its been a while since I used an irc client - fuck

Cleo 2011-05-18 09:50 PM

Well that didn't go exactly as planned. :D

Not really surprising though since tonight was really rushed.

I think I know what the issue was with Skype and also realized that I need to change the gain on my mic in my main system preferences and not in the radio software which was causing the hum and over sensitivity.

I've got a week to work out all the bugs and to also think up some topics to discuss. |thumb

JustRobert 2011-05-18 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 503730)
hmmm - the greeny java chat fails for me

and its been a while since I used an irc client - fuck

I have this issue as well.

The last time, which was MML's last show, I had the same issue trying to connect with my cable connection but I was able to connect with my dsl connection. I canceled my dsl connection a month ago so I don't have that option anymore. Hopefully this could get fixed.

Here is what it said:
Connecting...
Logging in...
-colo50.mia.colo-cation.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
-colo50.mia.colo-cation.com- *** Couldn't look up your hostname

I like the 8pm time because I can at least make the last half of a show. Might even be able to make a full show if I can work it out with my new employers |bananna|

Cleo 2011-05-18 10:56 PM

I normally use IRC client software but I used the Java chat earlier today while I was doing testing and it worked really well once it finally finished loading.

I would try using a different browser with it if it is giving you issues or even better use one of the many free clients that are out there.

MeatPounder 2011-05-18 11:51 PM

Missed it, now that we have a timeset I'll try my best to make it next week.
Sounds like there was a little difficulty tonight....any log of it around?

Cleo 2011-05-18 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatPounder (Post 503739)
any log of it around?

There was basically no audio to record since I didn't get Skype working for the show and didn't have anything to talk about without having callers so I didn't save the audio.

I did put up the chat transcript though.

babymaker 2011-05-19 01:03 AM

Damn I missed it, didnt think it would start so soon. :)

Fonz 2011-05-19 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 503740)
I did put up the chat transcript though.

Cool, checking it out right now.

virgohippy 2011-05-19 01:24 AM

Dammit, I missed it too, and I knew it was tonight! I guess I'll just have to make it a point to show up for next week.

Jeebus, it's 10:20 out here, and I haven't taken a break since breakfast... no wonder I'm so hungry and tired.

Fonz 2011-05-19 03:03 AM

ok, that was an interesting read :)

Simon 2011-05-19 06:56 AM

I completely missed this. I mean I even missed knowing about this thread or the post in the other thread talking about this one. But I did just read through the chat notes so mostly I missed the music I guess...plus the chance to make any snarky comments of course. :D

So I'm looking forward to the next one.

One idea I'll toss out there would be to have a Radio Show Suggestion Box thread where we can all leave ideas for future show topics, guests we'd like to have call in, and other, well, suggestions.

:)

bluebrit 2011-05-19 09:44 AM

I thought the show was starting next week? I was sitting around last night with nothing to do, thinking how good it would be good to catch up with people and I had no idea the show was on.

I'm going to retire and sulk for the rest of the day now :(

Cleo 2011-05-19 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebrit (Post 503769)
I thought the show was starting next week?

It was supposed to start next week but then my partner came home, looked at the page I put up, and said well today is Wednesday so you should do it tonight.

Probably should have waited until next week so as to get the bugs out but then maybe I wouldn't have discovered the bugs until then so last night was kind of a test to get the bugs out.

Looking forward to a bug free radio show next week and even bought kewl looking headset from eBay this morning so that people don't have to listen to the crappy old mic, it was found in the huge pile of old junk in my office closet and is probably back from the eighties, that I used last night.

dunc 2011-05-19 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 503755)
One idea I'll toss out there would be to have a Radio Show Suggestion Box thread where we can all leave ideas for future show topics, guests we'd like to have call in, and other, well, suggestions.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night... mainly because I wanted to go over advertising managment :)

Cleo 2011-05-19 07:30 PM

I started writing down ideas on a sticky note today for subjects to talk about instead of trying to think of stuff as I'm doing the show.
(the Mac electronic version)

I think a place for people to suggest ideas is a great idea. Pre computer days it would have be a box that people would write down their idea and then stuff it in the box. What we need is a software version of a suggestion box.

I'm also looking for people who would like to be guests on the show.
I even bought some Skype credits so that I can call cell phones and land lines since not everyone has a decent Skype setup.

Maybe in addition to a Mainstream board we need a Radio Show board.

MeatPounder 2011-05-19 09:10 PM

Hmm, perhaps a dedicated webchat at greenguysboard.com email?
For suggestions and feedback

cd34 2011-05-19 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 503802)
What we need is a software version of a suggestion box.

https://docs.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=87809

Cleo 2011-05-19 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd34 (Post 503811)

Interesting, might work.

I also though of using WP to make something. People could post comments about upcoming shows.

But then I thought it would be better to just create and stick a thread each week for the upcoming show where people could post ideas and requests for it.

Nymph 2011-05-20 03:19 PM

Dang, I missed it, but will be there for next week

bDok 2011-05-20 08:04 PM

damn. Thought it started next week. I'll be there next week. That's what I had on the calendar.