Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Netflix (Streaming) Thread! (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69683)

ArtWilliams 2021-06-28 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564736)
And what was with Matthew Perry's teeth??

The Interwebs said stroke. My money is on ALS. The truth apparently is emergency dental surgery.

Greenguy 2021-07-03 05:26 AM

The Bitch & I just finished S5 of Working Moms on Netflix and it was just as funny as the 1st 4 seasons |thumb |thumb

JustRobert 2021-07-03 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564888)
The Bitch & I just finished S5 of Working Moms on Netflix and it was just as funny as the 1st 4 seasons |thumb |thumb

I finished that one as well a couple of days ago and I agree |thumb

ArtWilliams 2021-07-05 12:06 PM

Finally watched Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. It's the kind of stupidness I enjoy.

Greenguy 2021-07-06 09:09 AM

I watched The Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime yesterday & it was actually pretty fucking good!

I then got back into this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564788)
I finally started watching The Handmaid's Tale on the Hulu yesterday & while I'm only 3 episodes into S1 I'm starting to see why it's won so many awards |thumb

JustRobert 2021-07-06 10:12 AM

Over the July 4th weekend we watched America: The Motion Picture which was funny, stupid, bad and yet good all wrapped into one that made us |lol| many times.

Evil Chris 2021-07-13 03:17 PM

Kinda weird, but I re-watched all 3 "Hobbit" movies last week. I like them. Now I'll have to watch LOTR movies again.

Greenguy 2021-07-19 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 564788)
I finally started watching The Handmaid's Tale on the Hulu yesterday & while I'm only 3 episodes into S1 I'm starting to see why it's won so many awards |thumb

I'm into S4 of this & it is pretty fucking good |thumb |thumb

JustRobert 2021-07-19 10:29 AM

We did watch Gunpowder Milkshake movie over the weekend which was predictable and entertaining enough. Not great but not bad either.

Amy Pond |tardis| stars in it.

ArtWilliams 2021-07-20 08:28 AM

Working on CBC's Kim Convenience at the gym. It's on Netflix in Canada so I suspect it's available in other countries too. There are 5 seasons. It's pretty funny is a mild Canadian way. Okay, that may have spoiled it.

JustRobert 2021-07-23 10:17 AM

I watched the trilogy of slasher flicks called Fear Street on Netflix. Actually watched the first 2 when I was house sitting couple weeks back and watched the final one yesterday. I kinda like the first two and the last was alright. Of course I'm not a big scary/slasher movie watcher so those that like this genre may enjoy them better or worse.

JustRobert 2021-08-09 10:17 AM

While i was taking "ice the body" breaks from working on the house I did watch all of season 10 of The Walking Dead on Netflix which I thought was a pretty good season.

jollyhumper 2021-08-19 04:52 PM

While lying in bed with this shit I've rewatched Fargo S01 and I am halfway through S02.
Damn, it's worth rewatching. So good! |bow|

J:)lly

JustRobert 2021-08-21 10:33 AM

Wife and I finally watched Loki on D+. Only 6 episodes so we watched 2 a night over the last 3. I liked this one the most so far.

Greenguy 2021-08-21 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 565489)
Wife and I finally watched Loki on D+. Only 6 episodes so we watched 2 a night over the last 3. I liked this one the most so far.

I absolutely LOVE this series, especially the 1st few episodes that were heavy on Owen Wilson. And that season finale fucked with my head big time|lol|

BTW: The production value on the Marvel series is 10x's better than The Mandalorian 🤔

JustRobert 2021-08-23 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 565493)
And that season finale fucked with my head big time|lol|

Really looking forward to a season 2 of this!

Over the weekend we watched a couple of movies that were in my queue:
Sweet Girl with Jason Momoa. Like this one as it was much better than we thought it would be.
Dead Again In Tombstone with Danny Trejo. This is super cheesy and it made us laugh, not because it was funny!

JustRobert 2021-08-24 10:29 AM

Yesterday I finished Jupiters Legacy which I thought was really good and kinda pissed netflix cancelled season 2 at this time.

We also watched the animated movie The Witcher: Nightmare Of The Wolf last night that was entertaining enough. Kinda like a prequel to their live action series.

Greenguy 2021-08-25 08:05 PM

I watched A LOT of streaming while I was sick...

Here's my Amazon Prime list:

Val (The Val Kilmer Documentary) - Great! (but wish they spent more time on Real Genius) |thumb |thumb

Promising Young Woman - A #MeToo movie |thumb |thumb

Mean Man: The Story Of Chris Holmes - Decent look at the guitarist from WASP past & present |thumb

Sound Of Metal - VERY good movie about a heavy metal drummer that loses his hearing |thumb |thumb

The Tomorrow War - It's actually a great concept, but the plotline holes are fucking HORRENDOUS |thumb & |hammer

Filmage: The Story of Descendents/ALL - Good rocumentary, even if I'm not a huge fan of theirs |thumb

The Public Image is Rotten - Fucking BRILLIANT look at Johnny Rotten/Lydon's band PIL (Public Image Ltd) |thumb |thumb |thumb

Halston - Good doc on the designer that matches the Netflix series as far as being factual |thumb |thumb

CREEM: America's Only Rock 'n' Roll Magazine - Decent look at the old rock magazine |thumb

ArtWilliams 2021-08-26 07:18 AM

Watching the sitcom Kim's Convenience on Netflix while I treadmill. It's a CBC production and co-stars Simi Liu. He's the star of the new Marvel flick Shang-Chi.

Greenguy 2021-08-26 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 565567)
Watching the sitcom Kim's Convenience on Netflix while I treadmill. It's a CBC production and co-stars Simi Liu. He's the star of the new Marvel flick Shang-Chi.

Any good? I've been thinking about watching it based on Schitt's Creek & Working Moms.

JustRobert 2021-08-27 10:10 AM

We watched Watership Down which is only 4 episodes so we did 2 a night over the past 2. Wife really liked it and I thought it was entertaining enough.

JustRobert 2021-09-16 10:49 AM

I recently finished Post Morten which is from Norway that was alright.

Wife and I have been catching up on Lucifer which we still find funny and like seeing all the local spots they film at.

Watched a bunch of anime stuff too that I won't bore you with.

Evil Chris 2021-09-16 12:01 PM

On a recommendation, I watched the first three episodes of The Moth Effect last night. I was told that it's "funny as hell".

It was ok, but being a big fan of sketch comedy I expected a little more to be honest.

It's on Prime Video.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moth_Effect

ArtWilliams 2021-09-16 02:12 PM

We're watching Ted Lasso on Apple. It's a funny and "feel good" show.

Only Murders In the Building starring Steve Martin, Marty Short and Selena Gomez is a comedic who-dun-it for old people -- like us. It's on Hulu in the States and Disney in Canada (because there is no Hulu Canada). Very well written. I definitely recommend it.

Greenguy 2021-09-16 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 565786)
We're watching Ted Lasso on Apple. It's a funny and "feel good" show.

I'm letting S2 build up so I can binge it, but the one line from that show that sticks out to me:

British Guy (thanking Ted Lasso): "Cheers!"
Ted Lasso: "Night Court!"