Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Netflix (Streaming) Thread! (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69683)

Evil Chris 2021-02-24 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563285)
We watched Power Project with Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt last night. It was good, better than I thought it would be.

I had to stop watching the trailer because I don't want to know too much. This one just went to the top of my list of things to see.

Evil Chris 2021-02-24 10:56 AM

We just finished watching "Behind Her Eyes". Supernatural thriller that had us guessing right to the very end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4LtoWQaLxk

Greenguy 2021-02-25 09:11 AM

Yesterday I watched the movie I Care A Lot on Netflix & it was pretty good, but it felt more like a TV series than a movie (if that makes sense)

Then I binged S3 of The Sinner on Netflix & that was pretty good. Not as good as the 1st 2 seasons, but good enough |thumb

I also watched The Who - Sensation The Story Of Tommy on Prime & that was a really good rockumentary |thumb

JustRobert 2021-02-25 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 563409)
Yesterday I watched the movie I Care A Lot on Netflix & it was pretty good, but it felt more like a TV series than a movie (if that makes sense)

We almost watched that but instead went with The Yin-Yang Master: Dream of Eternity
We liked it and thankfully it was dubbed. Visuals were really good. There's another one coming but hear the new one is based off a game versus the one we watched based off a novel.

I also finished all 3 seasons of Dark Matter which was a SYFY show that I enjoyed for my lunch time entertainment.

Greenguy 2021-03-06 07:48 AM

Watched Coming 2 America last night & we|lol|'d a couple of times. Even though it was basically the same storyline as the 1st one, it's still worth the watch |thumb

JustRobert 2021-03-06 09:48 AM

Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 3 is coming on March 19 :D

Watched all 3 seasons of Dark Matter and I liked it.

Greenguy 2021-03-08 07:36 AM

The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix was really good |thumb |thumb

JustRobert 2021-03-10 11:15 AM

Finished my morning cartoon of Carmen Sandiego so I started the anime series Pacific Rim: The Black yesterday morning and then binged the rest at lunch time |thumb

Watched the documentary The Social Dilemma last night and I thought it was good.

britsexcash 2021-03-10 12:14 PM

Does Dark Matter feel cheap? I mean, I like scifi as a genre, but Scifi channel shows always come across as a bit low-budget, if you know what I mean?

Been enjoying 'For all Mankind' on Apple, and 'Discovery of Witches' on Sky.

hincapie 2021-03-10 05:44 PM

Agreed, scifi channel is one of the worst places for good scifi :D

JustRobert 2021-03-11 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britsexcash (Post 563534)
Does Dark Matter feel cheap? I mean, I like scifi as a genre, but Scifi channel shows always come across as a bit low-budget, if you know what I mean?

I understand what you're saying but I take into account they don't have the budgets as others.

Yesterday I started the anime series Dragon's Dogma which is based off a video game for my morning cartoons but I ended up watching the rest at lunch time and it was pretty good.

New season of Paradise PD starts tomorrow and this season looks super raunchy. I'll drag this one out by making it only my morning cartoon :D

Greenguy 2021-03-15 12:46 PM

This is a big week for comic book nerds like me 🤓

Zack Snyder's Justice League (aka The Snyder Cut) premiers Thursday on HBO Max. It's supposed to be a completely different movie from 2017's Justice League & clocks in at just over 4 hours long!

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier starts Friday on Disney+

JustRobert 2021-03-17 09:49 AM

Watched The Lost Pirate Kingdom which was interesting. It was a good show to watch/listen to while I worked.

Evil Chris 2021-03-18 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563285)
We watched Power Project with Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt last night. It was good, better than I thought it would be.

Forgot about this one, but watched it last night. Not bad, it reminded me of "Deja Vu" in that it was set in New Orleans and is an action sci-fi flick.

JustRobert 2021-03-18 10:44 AM

We watched Mile 22 With Mark Wahlberg and this turned out better than I thought it would.

Greenguy 2021-03-18 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563627)
We watched Mile 22 With Mark Wahlberg and this turned out better than I thought it would.

Just put it on my list because of this & because I just remembered that Spenser Confidential with him was also decent enough |thumb

JustRobert 2021-03-22 09:58 AM

Finished Paradise PD new season which was super raunchy and still made me |lol|

Now onto Alien TV new season for my morning cartoons.

Started Formula 1: Drive to Survive new season and it's still very good |thumb

Greenguy 2021-03-22 04:04 PM

Yesterday I watched the documentary Belushi on Showtime & it was really good. It was all done with phone interviews of people that knew him & it dug pretty deep into his younger years.

I also watched the 1st episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+ and they spared no expense on the special effects (unlike The Mandalorian). It looks interesting, but then again, I am an easy sell on Marvel :D

My step-daughter's coming over tomorrow for the 4+ hour Zack Snyder's Justice League |thumb

JustRobert 2021-03-23 11:04 AM

Wife and I binged Wanda Vision from D+ over 2 nights which we liked.
Greenie, glad you mentioned it was slow the first few episodes because we were lost there at the start but told the wife you said wait for it.

We will probably do the same, as in wait till all episodes are streamable to binge, for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Greenguy 2021-03-24 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563669)
Wife and I binged Wanda Vision from D+ over 2 nights which we liked.
Greenie, glad you mentioned it was slow the first few episodes because we were lost there at the start but told the wife you said wait for it.

We will probably do the same, as in wait till all episodes are streamable to binge, for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Happy to be of assistance |thumb I kinda wanted to wait & binge that, too, but I'm worried about spoilers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 563663)
My step-daughter's coming over tomorrow for the 4+ hour Zack Snyder's Justice League |thumb

OK - this was LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and while it did drag in parts, this version was MUCH better that the 1st & very much worth watching |thumb|thumb

JustRobert 2021-03-24 09:53 AM

Finished Formula 1: Drive to Survive 3rd season and I think it was their best so far |thumb

Maybe it's because the teams and drivers are now use to them being there. I hated that it ended, I want more :D

Greenguy 2021-03-29 06:35 AM

Started watching S2 of Solar Opposites on Hulu and it was predictably|lol|

Then The Bitch came home, so we started to watch S1 of City on a Hill on Showtime. It stars Kevin Bacon as a dirty FBI agent in Boston in the early 90s. S2 started yesterday, so now seemed like a good time to start to watch the series. It's a good show |thumb

Evil Chris 2021-03-29 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563680)
Finished Formula 1: Drive to Survive 3rd season and I think it was their best so far |thumb

Maybe it's because the teams and drivers are now use to them being there. I hated that it ended, I want more :D

I am a few episodes into S3. I didn't watch the earlier seasons.

So far it's great, and has re-newed my interest in F1. |thumb

JustRobert 2021-03-30 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 563719)
I am a few episodes into S3. I didn't watch the earlier seasons.

So far it's great, and has re-newed my interest in F1. |thumb

Did the same for me as well. You don't have to watch the earlier seasons but they are just as good.

ArtWilliams 2021-03-30 12:06 PM

Took a trip down memory lane and watch Blues Brothers (1980).