Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Netflix (Streaming) Thread! (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69683)

Ramster 2020-12-16 08:46 AM

I watched Christmas Chronicle 2, it was surprisingly entertaining |thumb

JustRobert 2020-12-16 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 562751)
Lots? There's only 2:
Christmas Vacation
Die Hard

We've watched Die Hard already

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatPounder (Post 562753)
I still to this day love the 1947 version of Miracle on 34th Street, Capras It's a Wonderful Life, and Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol !

Those usually watched closer to Xmas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 562755)
I watched Christmas Chronicle 2, it was surprisingly entertaining |thumb

We re-watched the first one before watching that and I find both of them pretty good for Xmas flicks.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey, The Grinch by Illumination, Elf, Alien Xmas (new stop motion) and a few of those typical romcom ones I can't remember their names.

Last night I watched The Holiday Movies That Made Us which was only 2 episodes of behind scenes look at Elf and The Nightmare Before Christmas which I found interesting.

Que still has quite a few left |santa|

JustRobert 2020-12-24 10:21 AM

Been watching more Xmas movies. Bunch of typical RomComs, couple of alright animated ones and White Christmas.

If you're a fan of musicals or the theater than I recommend Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey.

Tonight we'll watch the animated movie Klaus which I also recommend |santa|

JustRobert 2020-12-28 10:29 AM

Finished the last season of Big Mouth and it still makes me |lol|

Evil Chris 2020-12-28 11:52 AM

I finally gave in and started watching The Crown. It's much different than I had expected and had me hooked right away. Started S4 last night.

Greenguy 2021-01-13 05:30 AM

I just have to say that S3 of Cobra Kai was FUCKING AWESOME! The 1st Karate Kid came out when I was 13 so those movies are part of my being (for lack of a better word) and I just LOVE that they bring back all the original people from those movies for this series. Truly one of my all time favs |thumb

I also watched the movie Ava with Jessica Chastain & Colin Ferrell & it was decent enough.

History Of Swear Words looks promising :D

JustRobert 2021-01-13 11:44 AM

I watched the final season of Vikings even though it was on Fuck Amazon.

I finished Alien TV which was part of my morning cartoon watching and I found it quite funny.

I started Blood Of Zeus which is an animated series and liking it. Will probably finish that today.

We watched the animated movie Charming and it was alright. Had moments of funny with moments of bad.

History Of Swear Words was added to my list last night as my buddy said it was good.

JustRobert 2021-01-19 11:08 AM

Disenchantment new season is now available and that will be my morning breakfast cartoon watching starting today in a couple of minutes.

JustRobert 2021-01-25 10:41 AM

Over the weekend we watched:
The Midnight Sky with Clooney and it was ok
and
Outside The Wire which was pretty good.

Greenguy 2021-01-26 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563066)
Disenchantment new season is now available and that will be my morning breakfast cartoon watching starting today in a couple of minutes.

I binged that yesterday & thought it was|lol| as usual |thumb

Evil Chris 2021-01-26 09:45 AM

Thanks for putting me on Kobra Kai. I am working my way through it, but love it so far.

Not Netflix (yet) but we watched "Promising Young Woman" last night. Really good revenge flick.

JustRobert 2021-01-26 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 563129)
I binged that yesterday & thought it was|lol| as usual |thumb

I finished this yesterday and found it to be |lol| funny as well :D

Forgot to mention that I also finished The Queen's Gambit which hooked me right away and found it to be very good. Then again I did a few chess tournaments as a kid so that may of had something to do with it.

New season of Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous which I'll start today for my morning cartoons. I should finish this before my grandson comes for a visit in a couple of weeks so we can talk about it as he started watching it over the weekend :)

Greenguy 2021-01-28 08:38 AM

I binged Flack on Prime yesterday starring Anna Paquin as a celeb PR rep that helps cover-up all sorts of embarrassing situations. It's British, so only 6 episodes. I thought it was |thumb

I also watched History Of Swear Words on Netflix, which was hosted by Nicholas Cage of all people |huh It was 6 20 min episodes & covered fuck, shit, bitch, dick, pussy & damn. Good watch |thumb

Evil Chris 2021-01-28 12:41 PM

Watched part 1 of "Tiger" last night. So far an enlightening chronicle of his life.

JAI-LING 2021-01-28 01:32 PM

Check out Gaspar Noe on Amazon etc. Thank me later.

Greenguy 2021-01-31 09:24 AM

I'm a huge Marvel fan, both figuratively & literally, so I was excited when Disney+ released WandaVision a couple weeks ago because, aside from the 2nd Spiderman movie, we've had NOTHING since Endgame. They're only putting out 1 episode/week |angry| so I let 3 pile up & watched them the other day. Not good. In fact, they were so bad, I almost didn't watch the 4th episode that came out on Friday... but I did and WOW! SOFAKING HAPPY!!

It reminded me of reading the 1st Dirk Gently book by Douglas Adams. The 1st 7 or so chapters had NOTHING to do with each other, but seeing as I (obviously) LOVED The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, I read on & was so glad that I did.

This is kinda like that, in so much as I had this WTF?! feeling, but now it's making sense & I can't wait til next Friday |thumb

*Side Note I: The outro music for the 4th episode is Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix and that being my favorite song of his may be contributing to this, but how they used it at the end & over the credits gave me legit goosebumps (I know, I'm a dork)

**Side Note II: They're bringing back smaller characters from some of the movies. Kat Dennings is back as Darcy Lewis (Natalie Portman's assistant in the Thor movies) and Randall Park is back as Jimmy Woo (the detective in Ant Man & The Wasp) and the 1st thing he did on screen had me|lol| They also have the sister of Maria Rambeau from Captain Marvel in a role, so they're tying EVERYTHING together.

Ramster 2021-01-31 09:34 AM

Sounds like I should maybe get around to watching Wanda Vision. I just finished The Boys season 2 on Prime so need something else to watch. I heard it was horrendous :D but you're saying if I drink my way through the first 3 episodes it gets better? Ok |thumb :D

Greenguy 2021-01-31 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 563173)
I heard it was horrendous :D but you're saying if I drink my way through the first 3 episodes it gets better? Ok |thumb :D

E1-3: 🤔🤷😴
E4: 😲🤯🥳

So yes, wait it out |thumb

JustRobert 2021-02-05 02:02 PM

We recently watched the following:
A Monster Calls - This was good, not what I was expecting and sad :(
The Dig - I really enjoyed this one, a true story based on an archeological dig right as WWII started.
Sweet Home - Series from Korea that thankfully had a dubbed version which was a mediocre monster/horror show.

Finished my morning cartoon watching of Camp Cretaceous which I liked. Not sure what's next there.

Greenguy 2021-02-09 06:10 AM

The Bitch & I watched The Little Things on HBO Max last night & it was pretty damn good |thumb I like how HBO Max is giving us some movies the same day they release in (25% occupied) theaters. It's already saved me from renting/buying |barf| Wonder Woman 1984

JustRobert 2021-02-09 10:07 AM

Grandson and I watched Alien TV. I had watched this as a morning cartoon but he had not so we watched the whole thing when he was here. He thought it was funny too.

I watched and liked the series Alice In Borderland which is Japanese and thankfully dubbed.

Started Carmen Sandiego for my morning cartoons. Seems decent enough so far and it has a few seasons so I'll be watching this for a while.

JustRobert 2021-02-10 10:42 AM

We watched Space Sweepers last night. It's a dubbed Japanese movie about space that's not animated and it turned out to be much better than I thought it would.

Coming in March is Pacific Rim: The Black which is an animated series based on the movies. More morning cartoons for me :D

Evil Chris 2021-02-12 09:08 AM

I binged Spycraft on Netflix last week. Short shows on some of the different aspects of espionage told by old guys with experience in the field. Pretty interesting stuff.

JustRobert 2021-02-13 01:50 PM

We watched Power Project with Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt last night. It was good, better than I thought it would be.

Greenguy 2021-02-13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 563285)
We watched Power Project with Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt last night. It was good, better than I thought it would be.

I did see that a couple weeks ago & I agree: better than I assumed it'd be |thumb