Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Netflix (Streaming) Thread! (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69683)

jollyhumper 2020-08-29 12:41 PM

I've started Lost in Space season 2.
I liked s1 a lot.

I like sci-fi, but most sci-fi are crap. I think this is good

J:)lly

jollyhumper 2020-09-05 01:43 PM

I finished Tiger King today.
I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
I sure dislike Mrs. Caskin just as much as I dislike the other main protagonists. Joe deserved what came for him, but still he did seem to be setup. Strange story.
But I already knew this world is full of complete loonies, so did I really learn anything new?

Gonna check if the new Fargo is out, if not I'll continue Lost in Space

Greenguy 2020-09-06 09:33 AM

When I was feeling like shit I binged Cobra Kai which is basically Karate Kid 30+ years later & really good!

JustRobert 2020-09-07 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 561680)
When I was feeling like shit I binged Cobra Kai which is basically Karate Kid 30+ years later & really good!

My wife put this on and I ended up watching a bunch of the episodes with her. It was pretty good.

We also watched Cursed which is a fantasy based on Merlin, fairies, and the such. It had a little cheese but thought it was pretty good overall as it had actors/actresses from other shows I've enjoyed like Medici, Versailles and Vikings.

We also started watching Away and I'm finding it better than I thought it would be from the trailer.

Greenguy 2020-09-08 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 561680)

Yesterday I binged all 3 of the original movies :D

I also started watching Away about a very old looking Hillary Swank leading a crew on the 1st trip to Mars. 2 episodes in and it's ok, but I'm hoping it gets better.

JustRobert 2020-09-10 11:33 AM

Finished Troll Hunters cartoon series |thumb and now onto the first spin off called 3 Below. Enjoying watching cartoons in the morning with breakfast.

Started watching Hell On Wheels and it's ok. Needed something different to watch.

Greenguy 2020-09-11 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 561705)
I also started watching Away about a very old looking Hillary Swank leading a crew on the 1st trip to Mars. 2 episodes in and it's ok, but I'm hoping it gets better.

I did finish this & it's just ok. Not great & not exactly recommendable. IMHO there was too much backstory & not enough space stuff (if that makes sense)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 561586)
That does remind me: The Bitch & I did start watching In The Dark an even though I'm no longer a fan of any regular TV dramas (the cliffhangers before where the commercials would be suck balls) this one is kinda edgy & we both like it so far (we're only 4 episodes in so don't ruin it!)

We finished S1 of this yesterday & while it did get a little slow in the middle of the season, the finale was really good.

JustRobert 2020-09-12 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 561728)
Started watching Hell On Wheels and it's ok. Needed something different to watch.

Changed my mind as the more I watched the more I liked. Midway through season 2 already mostly because my wife is gone so I have control of tv and I'm working while watching it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 561736)
I did finish this & it's just ok. Not great & not exactly recommendable. IMHO there was too much backstory & not enough space stuff (if that makes sense)

We're half way thru and thou I think it's pretty good I would prefer more space stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 561736)
We finished S1 of this yesterday & while it did get a little slow in the middle of the season, the finale was really good.

S2 is the same with the last 4 episodes being really good.

Greenguy 2020-09-12 04:20 PM

The doc #Unfit by The Lincoln Project about |trump| is on Prime - hoping to watch it this weekend |thumb

JustRobert 2020-09-16 09:39 AM

We finished Away last night and I guess I like it better than Greenie as I thought it was pretty good.

JustRobert 2020-09-21 11:08 AM

Also finished Hell On Wheels back on Friday and I really liked the whole series. Kinda bummed there will be no season 6 but it did end at a good point. I may have to watch Godless again as I do like a good western.

JustRobert 2020-09-24 11:43 AM

Finished Godless again and it's stil |thumb

We watched the movie Enola Holmes last night and it was enjoyable. Predictable and yet I still liked it.

JustRobert 2020-09-26 01:19 PM

We watched Eric Idle's What About Dick last night which is "a madcap stage play from Monty Python icon Eric Idle, comic greats perform the decline and fall of the British Empire ... as told through a piano. A who's who of British comedians, including Eddie Izzard, Billy Connolly, Tracey Ullman, Tim Curry and Russell Brand" (I took that from Netflix)

I laughed and found it funny But my wife |lol| through the whole thing. She said she has to watch it again as she knows she missed some stuff because of her laughing.

Greenguy 2020-10-03 09:56 AM

Not Netflix, but I did binge the 1st 7 episodes of Lovecraft Country on HBO yesterday & it's really good & really fucked up |thumb |thumb

I also watched these on Prime:
Pink Floyd - Whatever Happened To Pink Floyd? which was a good rockumentary on the last 4 of their albums
Melody Makers which was a look at the (mostly) British music magazine from 1965-75.

Yes, I sat on the couch ALL day |couch|

JustRobert 2020-10-03 10:33 AM

I finished 3 Below (again) and now on Wizards (again) for my cartoon breakfast watching.

Lunchtime watching has been Longmire to get a sorta western fix and I like Katee Sackhoff :)

jollyhumper 2020-10-03 02:51 PM

Most Norwegians are ignorant people not aware that Norwegian Black Metal is a huge thing around the world. One of our biggest exports.

For this reason, I am convinced that the documentary I just watched on the Norwegian mainchannel will be available around the globe and when it shows up near you, I'll recommend you watch it. Very interesting and informative!

J|JollyHumper|:)|headbang|lly

Greenguy 2020-10-10 11:31 AM

Since I've been sick, I've been watching The Boys on Amazon Prime & I'm about half-way thru the 2nd season & it's pretty damn good |thumb

jollyhumper 2020-10-11 10:36 AM

I read an interview with the composer of the Chernobyl-soundtrack.
Which made me see the entire series over again.
I know there are factual errors and that they're taking some liberties, but still: Damn good stuff

Disney+ has come to Norway and I decided to use the opportunity to watch some Simpsons. I fell off years ago.
Haven't missed much, man that show has become bad. (Sad face)

I will continue with Lost in Space on Netflix later

JustRobert 2020-10-12 10:03 AM

I watched Hubie Halloween over the weekend.
It's an Adam Sandler movie so you know it's going to be stupid funny, which it was and I laughed like the child I am.

ArtWilliams 2020-10-12 04:11 PM

Looks like they rented all of Greenie's T-shirt Hell wardrobe for the movie. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 562026)
I watched Hubie Halloween over the weekend.
It's an Adam Sandler movie so you know it's going to be stupid funny, which it was and I laughed like the child I am.

Greenguy 2020-10-12 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 562030)
Looks like they rented all of Greenie's T-shirt Hell wardrobe for the movie. LOL

Now I might have to watch it LOL

ArtWilliams 2020-10-13 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 562031)
Now I might have to watch it LOL

http://greenguysboard.com/board/atta...1&d=1602594745

I laughed out loud a couple of times. I would call this a good time waster. The kind of movie you can do some work while watching.

JustRobert 2020-10-13 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 562045)
I laughed out loud a couple of times. I would call this a good time waster. The kind of movie you can do some work while watching.

Agree completely, though you gotta see all the t-shirts her and her friend wears.

I finished Longmire yesterday which I liked though more of a work while watching kinda show which I did a lot of.

Not sure what I'm watching for my lunch time/while working viewing but the queue is full. Gotta take advantage of the latter because I think this is the last week my wife is working.

JustRobert 2020-10-14 10:09 AM

I binged all 9 episodes of The Haunting Of Bly Manor yesterday. Thought it was pretty good overall.

Taking advantage of this last week of my wife working before she is back home hogging the tv. Probably should get a small smart tv for the office.

JustRobert 2020-10-15 09:58 AM

Finished my morning cartoon Wizards: Tales of Arcadia and it looks that will complete the trilogy with no more seasons coming. Saw there is a new season for KIPO which I'll start today for my breakfast watching.

Also started the new season of Van Helsing yesterday while I sit on the couch and do some work. Should finish that one today and probably start something else.