Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday January 18th (aka Last Day Of Half Of 90) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68339)

Greenguy 2017-01-18 09:20 AM

Wednesday January 18th (aka Last Day Of Half Of 90)

Morning! |waves|

OK, anyone else see this Black Mirror series on Netflix?? It's sorta like a futuristic Twilight Zone & I'm kinda hooked. I've watched 5 so far, and while the 2nd one was kinda lame, the other 4 were brilliant & creepy & now I can't stop watching them!

Stomach actually feels kinda normal today & I did eat real food yesterday, so I guess that's a plus |thumb

Just working today, aside from running to the bank & picking up the ASSIL.

Cleo 2017-01-18 09:37 AM

Watched all of Black Mirror. Some of it was decent, some not so much, depends on your taste I guess. I really liked the first season of Travelers.

Just a day of work planned before a late evening check-in by a AirBnB guest.

JustRobert 2017-01-18 10:01 AM

Good Morning :)

Black Mirror & Travelers is in my queue. Finished Paranoid last night and it was pretty good. Started watching 3% but could only get thru the first episode because it has subtitles, can't work while watching/listening, thou it looked interesting.

Been running a bunch of errands the past couple days and it continues again today thou I need to find time to mow the grass before rain starts up again tonight.

Have a good one!

HowlingWulf 2017-01-18 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 545087)
Started watching 3% but could only get thru the first episode because it has subtitles, can't work while watching/listening, thou it looked interesting.

On Netflix it has English dubbing. That's how we watched it. Was pretty good.

ArtWilliams 2017-01-18 02:47 PM

Afternoon! |waves|

Just back from the lawyer. We've needed to re-do our wills for a number of years so that, along with new powers of attorney, can be checked off our list.

Time to get to work. I may watch the Raptor's basketball game tonight. They are, as they say, "performing on all cylinders" these days. Their only problem is Lebron James.

Have a great day! |thumb

ecchi 2017-01-18 03:42 PM

Followed your link to the Black Mirror ad on Netflix, somewhat surprised to see it ignored the one thing it was sold on when originally shown in Britain. The fact that it was created and (mostly) written by Charlie Brooker. He is a big seller over here. He is a satirist and journalist who tends to go with the policy "Life is shit, then you die". His non-drama TV shows tend to be an hour of him telling the audience why everything is rubbish. People love him over here. But then that is Britain, the country where someone wrote a book called "Crap Towns", which listed the worst towns in Britain - then the author had to write a second book "More Crap Towns", because so many people complained to the publishers that their home town was not in the first book!

I've only seen a few episodes of Black Mirror, but from those I did see, I'll say: JR, since you liked the original (British) version of Shameless I think you will like Black Mirror.

JustRobert 2017-01-19 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowlingWulf (Post 545088)
On Netflix it has English dubbing. That's how we watched it. Was pretty good.

I didn't get the English dubbing |banghead|

May need to check that again.