Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fri Feb 25 TGIF (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=72918)

ArtWilliams 2022-02-25 08:43 AM

Fri Feb 25 TGIF

Morning. |coffee

Working my way out of a cranky mood today. I think the Ukraine situation is putting a damper on things.

I've got a few tasks on my plate today. Started cleaning up my BIL's financial mess. It's a good thing he has a government pension to fall back on. Tomorrow I think I'll put some items on eBay so I'll gather them up later today.

Have a good one. |thumb

Greenguy 2022-02-25 08:49 AM

Friday 2022-02-25 AKA Back To CNN

Morning! |waves|

Stomach is off. Mood is okish I think.

Today I turned on CNN for the 1st time since Trump left office. Fucking terrible |cry|

I'm taking up my buddy's "if you ever need to talk..." offer tonight. My |loony| doctor thinks it's a great idea, so we're going to his house so no one else sees me |cry|

I do get to see T|headbang||headbang|L on Sunday with my stepdaughter and Metallica just announced they're coming to Buffalo on August 11th, so I have those things to look forward to.

As I was typing the above, a friend msg'd me saying that we need to rent a U-Haul for Metallica like we did in 1992...and he's dead serious|lol|

JustRobert 2022-02-25 10:16 AM

Good Morning :)

Hand is feeling better and this is good. Still taking it easy and I've learned that with me not sitting in my office all day listening to political stuff while working I'm more relaxed. I'm pretty sure it's the political stuff.

Anyhoo, another day doing a little more work while watching tv

Enjoy your Friday!

Evil Chris 2022-02-25 12:19 PM

TGIF.
- The Russia/Ukraine situation sucks.
- Trump says it's happening because of the rigged election hahaha
- Leafs won a nice one last night
- I continue to watch "Mayor of Kingstown"

@Rob. While watching Ep01, I thought it looks like an Ontario town they are shooting that show in. Looked it up, and yep. Kingston, Ontario. A lot of it shot at the old penitentiary. Interesting.

Snowstorm happening here. I'm not inclined, but I have to go into town later today with the wife.

hincapie 2022-02-25 01:58 PM

Geez ... Putin has gone full on megalomaniac with his Soviet Union ambitions. Spoke to a cleaning lady who was supposed to visit her Eastern European parents but didnt dare go - oddly touching when it gets close

MeatPounder 2022-02-25 02:37 PM

If this who I think it is?

https://d1grj1r615atwi.cloudfront.ne...03/gardens.jpg

Pagan 2022-02-25 05:18 PM

Nice little dump of snow. My mood is very off, and so is my stomach. I still really can't focus on much but I am slowly moving ahead.

@JR - I normally work with Tidal streaming in the background and NO TV. These last 2 days, I have been listening to the news. The TV is right over my left shoulder, so it is very hard to work and watch. It won't be long and I will be going back to my music. Even headbanging heavy metal is more soothing than the news. (I still want to know how Zelenskyy is a Nazi, and what genocide has occured in Ukraine. I think Putin stole some of Trump's koolaid.)

Ramster 2022-02-26 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 567381)
Still taking it easy and I've learned that with me not sitting in my office all day listening to political stuff while working I'm more relaxed. I'm pretty sure it's the political stuff.

I listen to Spotify or the local radio all day. My friends are like, you don't watch news or stock channels to see what's happening? I'm like, fuck no, it's too depressing! And it just angers me! I'm good with the bliss of the same music day after day |hammer

Ramster 2022-02-26 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Chris (Post 567382)
- I continue to watch "Mayor of Kingstown"

@Rob. While watching Ep01, I thought it looks like an Ontario town they are shooting that show in. Looked it up, and yep. Kingston, Ontario. A lot of it shot at the old penitentiary. Interesting.

Snowstorm happening here. I'm not inclined, but I have to go into town later today with the wife.

Very cool. I never went but my wife and daughter went down there and did the tour of the old penitentiary, they said it was Very Eerie!

Snow here too |snowman|