Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday February 13th (aka Happy Facebook Birthday Jolly) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=70336)

Greenguy 2019-02-13 05:23 AM

Wednesday February 13th (aka Happy Facebook Birthday Jolly)

Morning! |waves|

Facebook says it's J:)lly's birthday, so |party2

Yesterday was exhausting, so I crashed around 8 & got back up at 3.

We got to meet the donor yesterday & it really does prove the power of the internet, specifically Social Media & Facebook. Back in July a couple days after I relaunched my stepdaughter's website & started sharing it on FB, I was contacted by the daughter of a couple I've known for 35+ years. She had shared the post, followed by a good friend of hers sharing the post, which was seen by that person's cousin. She sent me her contact info & I gave her all the info & really didn't think much about it after that (there were 3 or 4 people like this along the way). Turns out she started the process, got approved & waited for the call. She didn't want to let us know because she was worried we'd get our hopes up & something would go wrong. So this Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon person donated a kidney to a total stranger. The tears of joy I've cried over the last 3 weeks...
|pokefun||greenguy|

Anyway, I'm going to work until I have to pick up the ASSIL, then head up to the hospital. Everyone's doing great & my stepdaughter might be coming home tomorrow or Friday |thumb

Useless 2019-02-13 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 555484)
Everyone's doing great & my stepdaughter might be coming home tomorrow or Friday |thumb

Excellent news. I creeped FB last night (I check mentions of Maggie on the lost dog pages a couple of times a week.) and I saw your post about the donor. She looks pretty. Single? |loony|

I was up until 2am for no known reason. When I was on my magic pill, I would take it at night and it would make me drowsy enough to go to bed. Now, with these over-the-counter replacements pills I'm taking, they don't have that effect, so I just sit here, endlessly watching nonsense on YouTube. Always friggin' YouTube. I honestly don't know why I haven't cancelled Netflix yet. I have barely used it in months. (Same attitude my ex wife had about me before she fucked off.)

JustRobert 2019-02-13 10:45 AM

Good Morning :)

Once again, Great news Greenie!

Rain is suppose to hit us again starting today and continue for a few days so I guess I will be inside chipping away at this long list of biz related crap.

Other than that it's Mexican food Wednesday :)

Ramster 2019-02-13 10:53 AM

Good snowy morning |waves|

Up and working as usual. Did an hours work doing updates and customer support then spent an hour shoveling a foot of snow |snowman2 |loony| , grabbed |coffee and back to work since. Time to make some food but work is planned all day. |thumb

ArtWilliams 2019-02-13 04:07 PM

Afternoon!

Happy Birthday Jolly. Hope you had a great day. |cake

Nothing to say. Just thought I would come and check the boards for a few minutes. |thumb