Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thursday April 5th (aka RIP Kurt) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69426)

Greenguy 2018-04-05 07:34 AM

Thursday April 5th (aka RIP Kurt)

Morning! |waves|

24 years ago today, no one knew Kurt Cobain had died, but I can vividly remember 3 days later as I was driving to work when I heard the news on the radio & I can honestly say it devastated me. It still hurts today :(

Just popping in real quick as I have to go to my stepdaughter's for her dialysis supplies delivery between 8-11.

TTYL |thumb

Ramster 2018-04-05 07:53 AM

Happy Thursday all |waves|

Work work work here all day. Not doing my usual Thursday/Friday afternoon beers this week, have to get some work done before heading to LA next week so I will be here plugging away for the next 12 hours lol. |crazy|

jollyhumper 2018-04-05 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 550846)
24 years ago today, no one knew Kurt Cobain had died, but I can vividly remember 3 days later as I was driving to work when I heard the news on the radio & I can honestly say it devastated me. It still hurts today :(

I remember exactly where I was sitting and what I was doing when the news came on the radio. As far as I remember it was during easter-holiday. I was a fan but was not aware of how strong my connection to his music was until this news came.

Well, I've been sleeping a hell of a lot the last two weeks (almost) and now I'm paying for that with insomnia. Not complaining though, I have been able to shitload of stuff today. And will continue for the rest of the day too.
Spring is here, it's raining heavily, snow is going away and it smells like it supposed to do now :)

Have a great day
J:)lly

Greenguy 2018-04-05 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 550848)
I remember exactly where I was sitting and what I was doing when the news came on the radio. As far as I remember it was during easter-holiday. I was a fan but was not aware of how strong my connection to his music was until this news came.

How long do you celebrate Easter over there?|lol| I looked because, like I said, I was driving to work, so I know it wasn't a weekend. Easter was the 3rd in 1994. He passed on Tuesday the 5th & was found on Friday the 8th :(

JustRobert 2018-04-05 01:01 PM

Good Morning :)

RIP to Kurt and the kick in the nuts he gave to the music industry at the time.

Suppose to be working on taxes but did I mention that I'm a Professional Procrastinator :D

Looks like I'm having burritos today :)

Enjoy your Thursday!

jollyhumper 2018-04-05 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 550853)
How long do you celebrate Easter over there?(

I looked into it and I'm somewhat right.
Many people take the whole week off between Palm Sunday and 'Easter Monday'. (Yup, even monday after Easter Sunday is considered a Sunday here!).
So, when the news broke Saturday 8th, Easter holiday had somewhat begun. At least when it comes to traveling and ski resorts and all that.
NRK P3, which is a radio-channel for young people, had some ski-resort bonanza broadcast when it was interupted by this news.
So yea, |lol|

If it is one thing Norway is good at, it is making holy days. We've got a bunch!

Easter is celebrated like this, churchwise:
Palm Sunday.
Maundy Thursday (it's considered a Sunday)
Good Friday (Sunday)
Easter Saturday (which, for some reason, is considered a Saturday)
Easter Sunday.
Easter Monday (No idea what it's called in English, but it is a Sunday here)
So as you can imagine, taking Mon-Wed of and get the hell out of wherever you're living is quite normal here.

J:)lly