Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Monday Morning Roll Call (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=48648)

bluebrit 2008-08-25 06:18 AM

The Monday Morning Roll Call

Good monday morning everybody.

I've been up all night passing the time with my good lady and now the suns coming up and I can't sleep! No we weren't camping Robert :D

Sometime this morning I'll be fitting two garage door openers at the new house and refitting the old one back at this house. An opener here took a dump the day the house went on the market and i'm going to have to replace it |banghead|

None of the above was planned but when the openers go on offer at half price, you have to bite the bullet and grab them before they sell out. Thing is, Emmy also decided we needed a new loo, new lights and more cleaning supplies too, so I'll be even busier than planned for the next few days. I may even pick up a paint brush this week if time allows...

Whatever your day brings you, I hope it's a happy one |thumb

T Pat 2008-08-25 06:30 AM

Mornin All
Trying to force enough coffee down to get going
Getting my ducks in a row for a couple new projects planned for the day
Also plan to submit a free site for the first time in years today
Coffee's On

Ramster 2008-08-25 06:46 AM

Good Morning

Got back yesterday from my friend's cottage and went to bed early. Full day of work today. Yes, coffee please...

Simon 2008-08-25 06:52 AM

Good morning world |waves|

Drinking coffee and looking at the cats sitting out on the steps, watching the sun rise to the east. Just another day here, with more work planned on some new projects plus the usual daily list of things which must be done if life is to continue.

Wishing everyone a good start on the week, and progress on your own life list.

:)

JackDaniel's 2008-08-25 07:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone |waves|

Cleo 2008-08-25 07:19 AM

Wow it's morning already again.

Bluebrit be careful on getting one of these cheap do it yourself door openers. I've had the track drive door opener and the track broke about once a year. After a few years I went to the screw drive opener and the thing that grabs the screw broke about once a year. I finally had an old fashion chain drive opener made by Lift Master professionally installed about three years ago and haven't had any more problems.

Just another day of more of the same old planned for today.

Toby 2008-08-25 07:40 AM

Mornin' y'all,

|coffee is on, help yourself...

Jim 2008-08-25 07:54 AM

And a fine morning to all :)
We finally had good weather this weekend and I finally did break out my bike. A good clambake Saturday followed by a great chicken barbecue yesterday made for a good weekend.

Bluebrit, as far as the new loo...if you run into any trouble, drop me a line. I was a plumber and construction engineer in a past life. :)

Tart 2008-08-25 08:08 AM

|waves| Kids are officially back to school after a 4 day Fay holiday, and looks like I've got some catching up to do.

digifan 2008-08-25 09:03 AM

Morning,

a new week starting with radiation.. I'm getting 25 now as the dr.s plan it. Ouch I hate that, a month ruined again but my lungs are in very bad condition and I declined surgery. Just it's very hard to sleep and exist in this heat.

Have a great one!

digifan 2008-08-25 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebrit (Post 416597)
Good monday morning everybody.

I've been up all night passing the time with my good lady and now the suns coming up and I can't sleep!......

None of the above was planned

Interesting, after so many weddings....

|couch|

MrMaryLou 2008-08-25 09:18 AM

Good Morning All :)

Tekster 2008-08-25 09:20 AM

Good Morning,

I have to drive my mom to the doctor this morning, and then wait for the TV repair guy to call and make an appointment. My new plasma tv keeps on turning itself off for no reason, of course, when the program I am watching is the most interesting. |catfight|

Getting some of the projects I have close to being finished is the plan for the second part of the day; if time allows.

Have a fabulous week everybody.|thumb

bDok 2008-08-25 09:23 AM

Morning. I want to dump coffee on my eyes right now. They feel glued shut and I need to get going. Or dunk myself |coffee.

My laptop is all up and working on 10.5 and things are great. Going to work on it this week and see how things work. If all goes well then I'll be backing up and switching to it on my tower as well. :)

Have a good start to the week.

Simon 2008-08-25 09:36 AM

Quote:

My new plasma tv keeps on turning itself off for no reason
Maybe it thinks you watch too much tv? :D

Seriously though, if you haven't already you may want to look at some of the suggestions in a search like this one http://www.google.com/search?q=plasm...ing+itself+off

My plasma turns off the audio for no good reason at times. There's an expensive fix and an easy free workaround. You might find the same is true with your problem if you just have a lot of dust around your power on/off button or accumulated inside the tv case. I hate to pay for service calls when the guy just opens the back, blows it clean with a can of compressed air, and everything works great again.

ArtWilliams 2008-08-25 09:42 AM

I have been somewhat disappointed over the last few months with the return I've been getting on my website [Time In - Money Out]. As a result, I am taking a hiatus for a couple of weeks to review my adult and non-adult strategies. This might be my last "Good Morning" post for a while.

Have a great day everyone!

JustRobert 2008-08-25 10:08 AM

Good Morning :)
Back in California and after 10 days breathing clean air and driving around beautiful countryside you really notice how dirty and smoggy LA really is. Then again, I do get to wear shorts all year long :D

Ton of work to catch up on so have a glorious smog free day.

Preacher 2008-08-25 10:29 AM

Kids go back to chool today, so I should be able to get a lot more work done. :D

bluemoney 2008-08-25 10:34 AM

Good morning everyone!

ponygirl 2008-08-25 10:36 AM

good morning everyone |waves|

damn, I'm jealous of all you guys with kids going back today, I've got another week to go!

Just finishing up some things today so I can start finishing other things, but then I'll probably start something else...I always seem to be starting something else |loony|

anyway, hope everyone's having a great start to the week
:)

Tekster 2008-08-25 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 416633)
Maybe it thinks you watch too much tv? :D

Seriously though, if you haven't already you may want to look at some of the suggestions in a search like this one http://www.google.com/search?q=plasm...ing+itself+off

My plasma turns off the audio for no good reason at times. There's an expensive fix and an easy free workaround. You might find the same is true with your problem if you just have a lot of dust around your power on/off button or accumulated inside the tv case. I hate to pay for service calls when the guy just opens the back, blows it clean with a can of compressed air, and everything works great again.

Thanks Simon, but the TV is under warranty from Best Buy, and I am hoping for a replacement. :D
It may work for 2 or 3 days with no problems and then it may do it 3 or 4 times in a day. |crazy|

T Pat 2008-08-25 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwilliams (Post 416634)
I have been somewhat disappointed over the last few months with the return I've been getting on my website [Time In - Money Out]. As a result, I am taking a hiatus for a couple of weeks to review my adult and non-adult strategies. This might be my last "Good Morning" post for a while.

Have a great day everyone!

You should have attended On The Bench Saturday, you would have learned like I did that your either not working hard enough or your just experiencing the summer slowdown. |huh
Greenie posted in a thread that July was his worst income month since Jan of 2004 so Art it isn't just you and me experiencing an income slowdown .
I've decided that I am going to spend my mornings on new projects and my afternoons on my blog network, maybe something like that would be better than taking a two week hiatus

Twiceshy 2008-08-25 10:52 AM

Good Morning To all . Well just another day of work and freesite building . Then ihave to get some stuff done for the services for my brother inlaw .I need more coffee .
Blahh

sue-fl 2008-08-25 10:53 AM

Morning!

There was actually sun yesterday and looks to be the same today |bananna|

Going to work for a bit then I plan on a swim/float afternoon.

I have discovered something also. Having my husband around all the time after 30 some years of him always working is not so much fun. As much as I love the old man he needs to go to work, he's driving me nuts...:D

Have a nice Monday all |thumb

XxxMina 2008-08-25 10:59 AM

Good morning all. Finally feel recuperated from the Qwebec Expo (I walked 10 blocks of downtown in 5" heels -- yikes, but what fun it all was, the bit of it I could attend!) Getting some updates ready for the week, Twittering aimlessly, will probably tackle laundry today, and a camshow later.