Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone ever had the hiccups? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=33166)

Jel 2006-07-23 12:12 PM

Anyone ever had the hiccups?

Boy they sure do suck don't they!? (remove exclamation mark or question mark according to whether you've had them)

Getting on for 3 hours now and geez, they suck |headbang|

sue-fl 2006-07-23 12:16 PM

I get the hippcups! I've never had them last for 3 hours though that would suck!

What works best for me is a teaspoon of sugar.

MrYum 2006-07-23 01:03 PM

I get em once in a while...but never for 3 hours...yikes...that'll leave ya |dizzy|

Torn Rose 2006-07-23 01:11 PM

BOO!

Jel 2006-07-23 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn
BOO!

Dang - they are gone, and no joke either lol. It was either your 'BOO' Torn, or Mr Yum's avatar |jackinthe

MrYum 2006-07-23 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jel
Dang - they are gone, and no joke either lol. It was either your 'BOO' Torn, or Mr Yum's avatar |jackinthe

Awww...did my smiling face SCARE ya Jel??? :D

maxelll3752 2006-07-26 06:09 AM

Mr.YUM

I bet you do. |pokefun|

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrYum
I get em once in a while...but never for 3 hours...yikes...that'll leave ya |dizzy|

lorsha 2006-07-26 07:03 AM

Blow on your thumb .... works every time. Like your trying to blow up a balloon. |thumb

And I know what your thinking ..... go ahead .... let the cock-sucking jokes roll on! |jester|

ladydesigner 2006-07-26 08:34 AM

I would get hiccups when I was pregnant. It sucked bad!

FanTC 2006-07-26 09:48 AM

Sure Fire Cure.. works every time.

wrap a paper towel over the mouth of a full glass of water. Drink the entire glass of water through the paper towel covering.
I don't know if the towel filters oxygen out or what, but amazingly enough, it works for me every single time.

MrYum 2006-07-26 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanTC
Sure Fire Cure.. works every time.

wrap a paper towel over the mouth of a full glass of water. Drink the entire glass of water through the paper towel covering.
I don't know if the towel filters oxygen out or what, but amazingly enough, it works for me every single time.

Now, there's a cure I've never heard of. Duly noted for future reference...thanks FanTC |thumb

Fonz 2006-07-26 10:08 AM

I usually hold my breath and start swallowing until I turn blue, works for me :)

bluemoney 2006-07-26 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorsha
..... go ahead .... let the cock-sucking jokes roll on! |jester|

Oh I was so tempted :D

RedCherry 2006-07-26 12:08 PM

MadHatter's dad once got them for about a week. Lost all kinds of weight from it.

I sometimes will get them for 1/2hr to an hour, and not just the oops I have the hiccups slight sound, the kind that sound like I'm turning my diaphram inside out each time. The hurt! I swear I get the hiccups for at least a few minutes almost every day. No idea why.

CatsEye 2006-07-26 02:33 PM

Say FanTC, your cure is mentioned in the Wikipedia thread...

I've only had them once in a while and what has worked for me is a teaspoon of vinegar. The kind that makes you sort of stop breathing from the burn. I think that might "reset" the nerve twitch that causes them, dunno, but it's worked for me!

Just be glad none of us are going for the world record, which is a guy who had them for 68 years! |shocking|

carol.prime 2006-07-26 05:55 PM

Hiccups has something to do with the oxygen in your lungs... and prolonged hiccups that last for days or weeks may be symptomatic of underlying disorders.

Good to hear that you only had it for 3 hours. Hope it stopped by now |loony|