Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Advice on submit passes (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=60723)

Aquarius 2011-02-09 09:55 PM

Advice on submit passes

I'm looking to get back in the free site/tgp game again. I have been away from the industry for a while. I'd really appreciate some advice on what submit passes (for tgp or linklists) are worth giving a shot right now. Thanks a lot.

Ramster 2011-02-10 08:30 AM

My biggest referrers are Tommys Bookmarks, Shemp, Pink World, SnakesWorld, PicHunter. You'd have to look at their sites and your gallery niches and the pricing to decide what you want.

HowlingWulf 2011-02-10 10:57 AM

They're good for program owners.
Is Pink World still 40% indian traffic?

Ramster 2011-02-10 11:57 AM

Pink World is a LOT of traffic but yes a lot is useless. 2 sales though and you make your money back. You need to be a full time submitter nowadays to make it worthwhile

Aquarius 2011-02-10 01:10 PM

Thanks guys, any more tips are welcome as well.

terry 2011-02-10 06:33 PM

I've never had any luck with submit passes, so I'd say dont waste your money.

Toby 2011-02-10 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 499207)
You need to be a full time submitter nowadays to make it worthwhile

Quoted for truth.

You also need to be organized enough to track your results so you can adjust what you promote and where you promote.

SheepGuy 2011-02-10 10:38 PM

Tommy has done well for me, his is the only pass I've paid for.
I'd buy a few more for TGPs, Shemp's for sure, but my best sponsor's best ad is an i-frame and that seems to be against most TGP rules :(

Cleo 2011-02-10 11:33 PM

At one time I would build up a reserve of galleries by building and submitting to the smaller TGPs for a few months and then I'd buy a bunch of submit passes and spend the month submitting as many galleries as each one took and some of them took a lot each day.

At one time I made pretty decent money doing this but at some point I wasn't any more and not making much more than what I was spending on the passes while working my ass off.

These days I still keep a few, Shemp, Tommy and a couple others but now I work smatter while burning through less content and not feeling like a hamster running in a wheel trying to out submit everyone else.

I build a gallery, submit it and then find other places to generate traffic with this promo piece. Like promoting it on social networks where allowed, maybe make some blog entries with it and also I always combine it with anther TGP gallery and do a round of free site submits with it so now I have four pages of ads with the samples.

nekrom 2011-02-17 05:05 PM

DrBizzaro is another good one to add to the list too.

-N

RedCherry 2011-02-17 08:37 PM

I buy paid submits for Tommy's Shemp's and Richards Realm. I also do a lot like Cleo says, I do TGP, but also free sites, blogs, twitter, stumble upon, etc etc to promote my stuff. Then 6 months to a year later, re-work and resubmit.