Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Friday July 3rd (aka Independence Day Observed) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=71516)

Greenguy 2020-07-03 07:13 AM

Friday July 3rd (aka Independence Day Observed)

Morning! http://www.link-o-rama.com/greenguy/...reworksguy.gif

Not feeling as funky today, which is good. The plan is just to work & get some shit ready for tomorrow as we're going to a friend's house to watch him blow off a couple $1K worth of fireworks. I will be |sars| which I'm hoping last past the 1st few |cheers| :D

Have a good one!

ArtWilliams 2020-07-03 08:10 AM

Morning. |coffee

$1l seems like a lot of fireworks. :)

Still stinking hot but it'll be cooler here at 31C (88F).

Not much going on here today. Just some house cleaning. Other than that, I may continue to work on TGPx and watch some TV. Baseball training camp is coming back to Toronto which makes me happy but I'll be really surprised if any major sports (other than golf) actually start. Not saying I wouldn't like that though.

Have a good one! |thumb

jollyhumper 2020-07-03 09:30 AM

G'day |coffee

I'm feeling better today, although I'm insanely tired.

Going to walk the |dog soon, a quick dinner, and then work for the rest of the evening. For the time being, I'm working in those evening hours.

Will do some |JollyHumper| too.

No celebration here, tomorrow, and I will probably stay away from anything news/social-media related since someone probably will say or do something very stupid. Sigh ...

Take care
J:)lly

JustRobert 2020-07-03 09:46 AM

Morning

Forgot to stop by here yesterday as I started on outside work early since it was cool and grey. Worked much longer than I should have because of it and now I'm hurting but glad since the sun is already out at 6:30am. Taking today off from that.

Yesterday then ended in sadness as we had to put down our |cat last night after 10 years. He was really a stray but we've been feeding him that long. He would come in to eat and sit in mostly my lap but preferred being outside. When my wife got cancer it was as if he knew and would only sit in her lap for that year which was of great comfort to her during that mess. He will be missed!

Couple of errands to run today and some biz stuff I may or may not do.

Enjoy your Corona Virus Is Here To Stay Friday!

Greenguy 2020-07-03 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 560955)
$1l seems like a lot of fireworks. :)

Again, I know not what you speak of, kind sir :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 560959)
Yesterday then ended in sadness as we had to put down our |cat last night after 10 years....

My condolences :(

ArtWilliams 2020-07-03 12:59 PM

Quote:

Yesterday then ended in sadness as we had to put down our |cat last night after 10 years.

So sorry to hear that Robert. |pray|

hincapie 2020-07-03 07:25 PM

Awww sad Robert...

Nothing much going on here - just work

JAI-LING 2020-07-04 05:13 AM

Aw, Robert. Very sorry to hear that man. Our last cats were the same way. When we were ill or in bad shape they always comforted the one feeling low or ill.

Its been said, Dogs have owners but Cats have staff...my cats have always been super cool bosses.

Cheers to better times.

jollyhumper 2020-07-04 06:15 AM

Quote:

Yesterday then ended in sadness as we had to put down our |cat last night after 10 years.

I am so sorry to hear this, JR

J:(lly

Pagan 2020-07-04 06:31 AM

So sorry to hear about the kitty, JR. Odd how even strays creep into our lives and hearts.

Ramster 2020-07-04 10:10 AM

Quote:

Yesterday then ended in sadness as we had to put down our |cat last night after 10 years. He was really a stray but we've been feeding him that long. He would come in to eat and sit in mostly my lap but preferred being outside. When my wife got cancer it was as if he knew and would only sit in her lap for that year which was of great comfort to her during that mess. He will be missed!

:( sorry to hear that

JustRobert 2020-07-04 12:24 PM

Thank you all for the kind words, much appreciated!