Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Happy Tuesday (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=73557)

Ramster 2022-12-13 06:50 AM

Happy Tuesday

Good morning |waves|

I haven't been around lately, busy times here at my parents.

Unfortunately, my Dad took a turn for the worse last Saturday and after 4 days in the hospital, they brought him home on Tuesday for his final days, a week ago today. My Mom was in Europe on a cruise and thankfully made it back Wednesday night late and got to see and talk to Dad on Thursday and Friday. He passed away here at home peacefully Saturday morning |sad|

He had cancer but this was not expected. He was supposed to have much more time, even had an appointment with his cancer doctor this week, which is why my Mom went on her cruise and I came down to take care of him, but he developed some internal issues. It's just my brother and I, my brother lives an hour away. I will be going home to Ottawa Saturday.

Don't want to make this a bummer thread, we're all at peace with it, he lived a good life for 83 years. |smooch|

Have a good week everyone |thumb I'm enjoying a morning |coffee

Pagan 2022-12-13 09:17 AM

Such sad news, especially at this time of year. The blessings are that you got to be with him in his final days. Deepest condolences to you and your family. May you all treasure your memories of him.

Pagan 2022-12-13 09:37 AM

(Ramster and his dad deserved their own comment... )

Still snowing here, though not as heavy. Helsinki and southern Finland got hit pretty hard.

https://yle.fi/a/74-20008399 - In English

The Husband actually had to go shovel snow. He does have a snowplow attachment for his riding lawnmower, but no chains yet. Maybe for Christmas?

I am still working on baby steps on coming back from that deep black hole... we will get there. Just another 8 days of short days here, then they start to get longer.

Back to work and stitching for me.

Greenguy 2022-12-13 09:48 AM

Ramster - As you know, The Bitch & I send our deepest condolences :(

Greenguy 2022-12-13 09:52 AM

Morning! |waves|

So The Bitch went into the office on Thursday. A co-worker was so sick that Management sent her home. This co-worker sits behind The Bitch |facepalm| So, since Sunday, she's felt like shit (even called off today). Mine started yesterday afternoon. Just a lot of body aches & pains, coughing & I somehow lost my voice! And all either of us wants to do is sleep |zzzzzzzzz

I took an extra pep pill this morning in hopes of cranking out a good solid 4 hours of work|lol|

JustRobert 2022-12-13 10:14 AM

Ramster, my sincerest condolences for you and your family at this time

JustRobert 2022-12-13 10:16 AM

Morning :)

World Cup - Go Croatia - That Is All

Evil Chris 2022-12-13 11:07 AM

Sorry about your Dad, Ramster.

ArtWilliams 2022-12-13 11:26 AM

Losing a parent is really hard. Ramster, my mom always said that memories were life's sweetest gift.

ArtWilliams 2022-12-13 11:28 AM

Morning. |coffee

Back from delivering some donations to a shelter. Now, I'm working at my desk. My wife and I may take our new puppy to the dog park. Later on, I've got a meeting tonight so it's work between now and then.

Have a good one! |thumb

jollyhumper 2022-12-13 11:36 AM

My deepest condolences, Ramster.

Jolly

jollyhumper 2022-12-13 11:39 AM

|waves|

I've been sitting here working on some old style galleries.
I haven't done those in a while, and man I've forgot a whole lot of shit :-(

But 3 templates are up and running, I'll make a few more tomorrow. (Hopefully it will be quicker then |lol|)

My |dog wants to go out now, and her wishes are my command, as usual.

I'll continue my run-through of Walking Dead later, tucked inside blankets :-)

Jolly

JustRobert 2022-12-13 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 569775)
Go Croatia

|pokefun|JR

MeatPounder 2022-12-13 05:05 PM

My deepest Sympathies to Ramster and his family.