Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Question about AVS sites (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=62429)

SlickRick 2011-07-19 07:54 PM

Question about AVS sites

I hope this is in the right area.

I am retooling my site.

And I have noticed that a lot of link list owners have dumped AVS sites. Why? Are AVS not used any longer, AVS co's gone out of business, no one makes them any longer?!!

Prob all the above, but just wondering.

thanks in advance.

Emerald 2011-07-19 08:38 PM

I accept AVS sites from a selected few. So do a few other link lists . I don't list them separate, they end up with the free site submissions.

There are still a couple of AVS sponsors around.

JustRobert 2011-07-19 09:21 PM

AVS is not as dead as people think. Bulk of my income still comes from them. Finding places to submit your AVS sites too have dwindled away. It's best to build your AVS and then promo it like any other sponsor: picpost, galleries, freesites, blogs, etc...

abatis 2011-07-19 09:25 PM

what are the avs' still available to use? i noticed cyberage doesn't accept any new webmasters.

-abatis

Greenguy 2011-07-19 09:47 PM

I think I'd accept them from Trusted Submitters & just list them under Pay Sites

Cleo 2011-07-19 09:51 PM

I list AVS sites :)

SlickRick 2011-07-20 12:22 AM

Well great thanks all for the input. I will keep them then.

I just noticed from a ton of the ones on my site they were dead links, but there were also a lot that were still running sites. I like the idea of putting them in the pay - sub category.

I wish they were more spread over my pages. some categories don't even have any. Now I just have to figure out if I keep them on the AVS cat or move to pay or move to free. Once I delete the dead sites there may be one or two (if that) in each niche. HAHA

If anyone still builds AVS hit me up for an assigned partner account.

Thanks again all for the input on this, greatly appreciate it.

JustRobert 2011-07-20 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abatis (Post 506931)
what are the avs' still available to use? i noticed cyberage doesn't accept any new webmasters.

-abatis

NetVerifier and SexKey

faxxaff 2011-07-20 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abatis (Post 506931)

-abatis

Some of the older webmasters have not been paid for months and Dave refuses to make payments after he disabled access to stats with some very shady explanations .... like it was against his TOS to bring this issue to the boards LOL. There should be a topic on this board from a couple of months ago.

tickler 2011-07-20 09:25 PM

Wasn't Dave the one that shut out small webmasters way back???

hashbury 2011-07-21 09:11 AM

If anyone needs help with anything netverifier related let me know.

the New Shemp 2011-07-26 05:53 PM

i like to list galleries for AVS sites ...
its a nice change from the usual affiliate program stuff ...

Nickname 2011-07-27 06:04 AM

It's kinda dead if you don't promote It with your own traffic that is.