Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My PC finally died :) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=14179)

Jim 2004-12-11 09:35 AM

My PC finally died :)

For awhile I thought I might have bought a new pc for no reason. As soon as I bought it, my sick pc started running fine. Well, today it started squealing really loudly and just shut off. It is now done :)

MrMaryLou 2004-12-11 09:37 AM

RIP Jims PC

Jim 2004-12-11 09:52 AM

Yep...I have most of everything on it. I will keep the HD just in case I ever think I need what is left like I always do. But have never paid to have it accessed.

Useless 2004-12-11 10:42 AM

Did she squeal like a Yeti?

kero 2004-12-11 10:49 AM

Same happened to me awhile back. I thought the noise was a hard drive so I ordered 2 online thinking I'd catch it before it crashes. Then, before I got the drives... Blamo... Wouldn't even turn on to boot to the BIOS... Point being I got 2 new hard drives when I really needed to order a new power supply :)

Someday I want to just smash a computer to shit, an Office Space type scene.|jester|
|pcsucks|
- kero

AcidMaX 2004-12-11 10:57 AM

Typically if hard drives are going bad you will hear them ticking not really squeeling. If its squeeling it could be a fan either in the power supply or on the cpu fan. If the CPU fans get clogged with dust it can cause your motherboard/processor to overheat and over long periods of time can fry the motherboard. I have had quite a few drives go bad on me and each on ticks like a clock.

At least you have a PC that works Jim :)

4sale 2004-12-11 11:44 PM

Very off topic, but I've got a lot of old(er) P.C. stuff in box's
Ram -free
Motherboards -free
Hard drivers old .5G 2.5G drives (great for linux) -free
Nic's -free
Graphic cards pci (1-4mb) -free
p66 -p100 stuff -free
zip - drivers ---(as new, in box, zip drive with card $20)
All just sitting there, if you need any of it drop me a line.
its not for sale, so must go to a good home, it must be used.

Its the type of stuff to make a cheap linux box for a firewall or for testing server stuff.

email webmaster-at-teen18.biz

Black Cat 2004-12-13 05:37 AM

Jim's pc is dead! RIP |violin||pcsucks|

Greenguy 2004-12-13 10:47 AM

Hey Jim!

Is that PC dead?

|couch|

FisHY 2004-12-13 11:04 AM

I just bought my new laptop 2 months ago..ASUS M2C

But if I carry it to somewhere, it always has problem when booting. I think i've got some problem with my hard disk..

U r not the only one |sad|

RawAlex 2004-12-13 01:07 PM

Thankfully I have a large part of the Montreal PC distribution community within about a mile of my house. One of my best (girl) friends works at one of them, so getting parts is easy. With the exception of my laptop, I have never bought a brand-name box. Those little letters on the front are really expensie (trying to figure out why putting D-E-L-L on the front adds 30% to the price of anything)

Now if it would just stop snowing, I could go get more parts :-)

Alex

Dr Bizzaro 2004-12-15 01:08 PM

I do hope you backed up the millions of jokes you stored on that thing.

stuveltje 2004-12-15 01:56 PM

i have had my old puter for 5 years (hell i like that thing) but i started to get more troubles then i needed so this yaer in feb i bought a new one.........i left it in the box in the corner and stil worked on my old one, till july my old puter crashed:cry: so i had to work on the new one, and i didnt like it, now i bought 2 months ago again a new one, the old one is fixed and for the kids, i still have to get use to new computers......but its better, i didnt know working on a puter could be that easy|violin|

ClubProCafe 2004-12-15 05:55 PM

|pcsucks| Sorry to hear that Jim |Jim
well at least you have a new PC now
let us know what ur new comp is? :) ?

|jackinthe I had just gotten a new Ultimate M6 from ABS PC :D
with the new AMD FX-55 CPU, in early November, myself ;)