Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thursday September 14th (aka Herding Cats) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68868)

Greenguy 2017-09-14 09:14 AM

Thursday September 14th (aka Herding Cats)

Morning! |waves|

I've said it before & I'll say it again: Being the Commish of a Fantasy League is like herding cats |banghead|
(sorry Ramster lol)

Yesterday was mostly a down day for me. After doing the running around I had to do, my stomach was killing me, so I spent a lot of time on the couch watching TV.

Today I have a meeting with my disability lawyer to go over my case, as I go in front of a judge on Oct 3rd |thumb

After that, as long as the stomach is cooperating, I'll work & maybe do some Fantasy Hockey crap :)

jollyhumper 2017-09-14 10:14 AM

Afternoon |bow|

Today I was up early due to the alarm. I guess it's Murphy's Law or something, when I actually sleeps in the morning, the clock goes off :-p

Anyhow, spent three hours in the dentist's chair today, finalizing the huge job my mouth had become. The dentist is a pretty woman just into her thirties (I think she said for some reason earlier). The *only* upside about this dental project has been her boobs on my head. Glad I'm not 17, that could've caused problems |lol|

Will work on submitting and some blog-stuff and then I will try to make my gay domain go live (as a tgp).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 548068)
Today I have a meeting with my disability lawyer to go over my case, as I go in front of a judge on Oct 3rd |thumb

May I ask how this work in the States? |whisper|
When my condition forced me out of regular work, I had a process off five years before my disability funding was approved. (Length of process depends heavily on the menstrual cycle off case manager/coordinator, laws and, in my case, neurologist and my regular doctor. (Sorry about the sexist comment on menstrual cycles and women, but in my case it kinda felt like it |angry|. I mean, my condition is *nothing* but progressive, can *never* be better, still they need five years to quarrel and argue and contradict medial experts.)

What rights do a person with disabilites have in the US? Is it depending on local laws or is it national?

Anyhow, have a great day all!

J:)lly

Greenguy 2017-09-14 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 548069)
May I ask how this work in the States? |whisper|

It's a lot of red tape. 1st you apply online or via forms you mail in. If they decline you based on what you sent in, then you go in front of a judge, plead your case with a lawyer, then the judge decides.

This is my 2nd time, as I got denied the 1st time I went in front of a judge. That was in 2014, so it took 3+ years for me to get in front of a judge for the 2nd time.