Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Move to Colo Cation (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=57543)

Tommy 2010-05-19 09:55 AM

My Move to Colo Cation

So I just moved over to Colo Cation

There were some bandwidth negotiations that fell through with my old host ..and a few hardware issues

I picked up the phone and Called CD34 from colo-cation
I knew I was asking for a lot but he managed to get me the price and hardware I wanted

My hosting company knew or thought That I really couldn't move this rats mess of scripts and crap...when a server change was attempted two years ago there were months of problems ..

an uncountable amount of problems

more or less I was a hostage.. Moving was to difficult

all I did was Give CD my ftp user and pass.
CD34 moved everything in a few hours. And I woke up this morning, the site was on my new server and everything works

and he has been a wealth of knowledge with little tips and tricks.
His tips have increased my SE hits and helped me squeeze more money out of the site

I just wanted to Thank CD for all the help and for taking such good care of me .. I wish i did this years ago
http://www.colo-cation.com/

Cleo 2010-05-19 10:04 AM

Chris does run a fantastic host. :)

NY Jester 2010-05-19 10:05 AM

Thats a great compliment Tommy and I have heard nothing but good come forth for CD and COLO. Excellent move.

NinjaSteve 2010-05-19 12:02 PM

That's good stuff! I think a top notch host should hook you up like that.

LeRoy 2010-05-19 01:00 PM

Nice move Tommy.

Colo-cation is the way to go |thumb

Bill 2010-05-19 05:09 PM

Chris is freekin amazing. I've never known a better hosting tech.

oldbrad 2010-05-19 05:22 PM

Good to hear more good things. My sites are still in the process of moving over as well. Heard nothing but great things.

spookyx 2010-05-19 10:31 PM

colo-cation is who I use, and CD34 is the best for support/help bar none!

|thumb

Useless 2010-05-20 09:37 AM

Colo has saved my ass multiple times. Hell, cd34 had saved my ass even when I wasn't hosted with him. Even though I've never had more than one of their virtual hosting accounts, they've always made me feel as if I was their most important customer.

Ms Naughty 2010-05-20 09:45 AM

Chris has also been very nice to us amid ongoing saga with our new member's area and we're very grateful to him.

MeatPounder 2010-05-20 02:03 PM

Chris and Colo-cation are da bomb!|thumb

Fonz 2010-05-20 04:07 PM

What everyone else said :)

LD 2010-05-21 12:55 PM

Yeah, kudos from me, too. I was dreading moving because the few times I had done it in the past proved to be a huge pain in the ass. With colo-cation I literally slept through the whole thing. I gave them access to my old host, went to bed, and woke up with everything working perfectly at Colo. You couldn't pay me to move anywhere else.

secretagentwilly 2010-05-21 10:47 PM

colo is the bomb...glad to hear it

Agent 2010-05-23 02:42 PM

I might have to follow you there. Ever since I changed packages with my host I've had the server go down numerous times. I'm tired of getting e-mails back saying my server was rebooted and everything is fine now...

pc 2010-05-23 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LD (Post 482255)
Yeah, kudos from me, too. I was dreading moving because the few times I had done it in the past proved to be a huge pain in the ass. With colo-cation I literally slept through the whole thing. I gave them access to my old host, went to bed, and woke up with everything working perfectly at Colo. You couldn't pay me to move anywhere else.

ditto |thumb|thumb for colo

oldbrad 2010-05-23 03:59 PM

Just finished getting all my stuff moved over. Chris was very helpful. Over and above being that I am not tech savvy at all. Worked it out and everythings perfect.