Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sat Nov 21 Lick And A Promise (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=71838)

ArtWilliams 2020-11-21 07:57 AM

Sat Nov 21 Lick And A Promise

Morning. |coffee

For some reason my mom used to call light cleaning "a lick and a promise". I am not sure why. I guess that's what I am doing this morning. Okay, maybe not on the toilet.

Really nothing to report on dinner with my daughter. I thought at one point we wouldn't make it to the restaurant and she'd leave but that didn't happen. It was fine.

By the way, Toronto in going back to a 28 day, Phase 1 lock down like we had early in the pandemic. No one allowed in your house except those who live there (repair people exempted). Outside is limited to groups of 10. Almost every store is closed except for curbside / takeout / delivery service. Grocery stores, beer & liquor stores, pharmacies, home improvement stores are open subject to 50% capacity. Want a haircut, see a movie, drink in a bar (or on a patio) or get your hairy who-haw waxed? Forget it!

This afternoon, I'm visiting the cannabis store to get some CBD -- maybe a couple of gummies too. I don't think I've mentioned, that downtown Toronto will soon have a pot shop on every corner or so it seems. There are 4 within a 15 minute walk of my house, literally.

After that, some internet marketing as I try and generate some long-term, passive income. TV I suspect tonight.

Have a good one. |thumb

Ramster 2020-11-21 08:49 AM

Good morning |waves|

No lockdown here, not yet. Plan to work most of the day then run to the cottage and finish closing that up for the winter.

Thankfully Doug Ford didn't lump Ottawa in this time like he did last fucking time closing indoor seating at bars and restaurants when Toronto had an 18% spread rate and Ottawa's was 2%, 2!
What these fucking idiots need to do is LIMIT CAPACITY ALL THE TIME! With the restrictions in Ottawa, you are not allowed to have visitors and indoor bar/restaurant seating is limited to 4 people per table BUT you can go to Costco with 300 other people walking around |huh |crazy|

Greenguy 2020-11-21 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 562511)
For some reason my mom used to call light cleaning "a lick and a promise". I am not sure why. I guess that's what I am doing this morning. Okay, maybe not on the toilet.

The Bitch & I call that a "Quick-Up"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 562511)
Want a haircut, see a movie, drink in a bar (or on a patio) or get your hairy who-haw waxed? Forget it!

Why do you know that you can't get your "hairy who-haw" waxed? Maybe because...

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1605387663

Greenguy 2020-11-21 09:19 AM

Morning! |sars|

I was in such a hurry to |pokefun||ArtWilliams| that I forgot to post my normal gibberish :D

Yesterday was just more organizing those 80 scenes on our spreadsheets. My coworkers have told me that my spreadsheets have really helped organize things. I have no idea how any of them knew what the other was doing before I got here :D

|bow| Ramster just threw me some work |thumb

I got my Fantasy Hockey Draft Kit yesterday, so I started playing around with who I'll be keeping/dropping in my Keeper League |hockey|

I might be running to pick up a script for The Bitch since I used the last of her anti-inflammatory lotion. You know that thing where people say they can feel in their bones/joints that the weather changing or it's gonna rain? My knees must've got their meteorology degree during the lockdown |facepalm|

Other than that... |lightsabe

ArtWilliams 2020-11-21 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 562513)
The Bitch & I call that a "Quick-Up"

Why do you know that you can't get your "hairy who-haw" waxed? Maybe because...

http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...1&d=1605387663

LOL, I'm having far less sex than you think I'm having.

JustRobert 2020-11-21 11:05 AM

Good Morning :)

Yesterday was a cluster fuck. First I spent 2 hours trying to get the tax software to work only to have to call their support and spent 2 more hours on the phone with them and it's still not working or connecting to their activation server correctly. Unfortunately the new laptop does not have an ethernet connection so I need to run out and buy a usb to ethernet adapter. Hopefully a solid connect versus wifi will help. Probably won't attempt taxes again until Tuesday because of other things planned.

And Then...when I stopped with the above crap I needed lunch and when making it in the kitchen I thought I was hearing something but was so frustrated and hungry by that point I sat down to eat and watch a little tv to calm down. Back to the kitchen to clean up and I realized what I was hearing was coming from under the house. We have a crawl space so down I go and sure as shit...a water pipe had broke. Turn off the water main and call my plumber. He was booked until Monday afternoon so called somebody else and $500 dollars later it was fixed |banghead|

The only good news that happened yesterday was I forgot my wife was leaving for the weekend. |banana|

Probably make a trip out to pick up the adapter today and stop by the gourmet burger place to pick up lunch on the way home and binge tv/netflix.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Greenguy 2020-11-21 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 562516)
Yesterday was a cluster fuck...

That's a normal day around here :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 562515)
LOL, I'm having far less sex than you think I'm having.

That's because the husband has the flu - I'm sure you'll be back |swinger| in no time!