Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tis the season for giving (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=66323)

Rowdy 2013-12-28 08:55 AM

Tis the season for giving

Hello to all my old friends and the new folks around here as well! I know it's been awhile since most have seen me but I still lurk in the corners now and then :) I figured it's been awhile since I posted so "what the hell" I guess I'll share a few thoughts with folks that I have.

Since this is the season of "giving" I thought a reminder might be in line ....... This community and some of it's members "give" on a daily basis so it stands to reason that all other folks should show their gratitude and GET ACTIVE! There is a ton of knowledge around this place and everyone can benefit by it being shared. New folks and the old regulars alike can learn something new each day and that happens by info being shared. Even a simple question can spur new ideas so don't hold back! Ask questions, share ideas, chit chat or whatever... just participate at some level so that this valuable resource you have here can flourish and always be a part of the future for all to enjoy and benefit from.

Even though I'm not directly involved in the industry presently, I'll always be willing to share my past experiences and info (even though it's a bit dated ...lol) with anyone from this community. (I can always be reached thru Greenguy if needed) That is how places like this were born to start with... folks willing to help, share and discuss ideas.

OK ... go forth and learn how to make your business flourish and in the process, keep this place flourishing as well so that it continues to benefit not only yourself, but all others that are part of it as well! Remember, knowledge is power and shared knowledge means simply that is there MORE POWER for all involved.

That's probably enough from me for now :) Have a great 2014 all and I look forward to seeing the success stories of the future that this place helped become a reality.

Greenguy 2013-12-28 09:58 AM

WOW! An unsolicited post about the benefits of this board! I am truly flattered! :D

Thank You, My Friend |shake|

Rowdy 2013-12-28 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 531442)
WOW! An unsolicited post about the benefits of this board! I am truly flattered! :D

Thank You, My Friend |shake|

My pleasure!

It's human nature to a degree to overlook some of the good things that are around imho and sometimes folks just need a little nudge to get "back on track" to giving a little something back |thumb

Cleo 2013-12-28 08:26 PM

Personally I'm a fan of this board. :D

spookyx 2013-12-29 07:16 AM

Rowdy my friend.... Merry Christmas to you :)

p.s. I miss willie ac/dc

babymaker 2013-12-29 07:36 AM

Hey Rowdy! :) Glad to see you alive and kicking, what are you up to these days?? Been along time.

Ramster 2013-12-29 08:43 AM

Great post :)

Simon 2013-12-29 12:01 PM

Definitely a good reminder. Thanks |thumb

And thanks also to this board's real founder and creator, AVN Hall Of Fame Member Greenguy...

...'cause we all know that a board called "www.andJim.com" wouldn't have done shit.

Rowdy 2013-12-29 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 531451)
Personally I'm a fan of this board. :D

|thumb

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookyx (Post 531455)
Rowdy my friend.... Merry Christmas to you :)

p.s. I miss willie ac/dc

Back at ya bud |santa|

(I miss him daily as well)

Quote:

Originally Posted by babymaker (Post 531457)
Hey Rowdy! :) Glad to see you alive and kicking, what are you up to these days?? Been along time.

Working my ass off back in the non net world :) Good to see you still around!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 531460)
Great post :)

|thumb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 531461)
Definitely a good reminder. Thanks |thumb

And thanks also to this board's real founder and creator, AVN Hall Of Fame Member Greenguy...

...'cause we all know that a board called "www.andJim.com" wouldn't have done shit.

|greenguy| |thumb

Cleo 2013-12-29 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy (Post 531463)
Working my ass off back in the non net world

Are you are a cook at a restaurant with a waitress named Alice?

Rowdy 2013-12-29 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleo (Post 531464)
Are you are a cook at a restaurant with a waitress named Alice?

Can't say "food service" was ever an option :)

I'm actually a maintenance engineer supervisor at a long term health care facility presently. Not sure how long that might continue but it keeps me busy until the next new business adventure starts.

Greenguy 2013-12-30 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy (Post 531465)
I'm actually a maintenance engineer supervisor at a long term health care facility presently. Not sure how long that might continue but it keeps me busy until the next new business adventure starts.

There's no shame in being a glorified janitor! :D

Rowdy 2013-12-30 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 531472)
There's no shame in being a glorified janitor! :D

lol .. I wish at times :) Actually the fire systems, electrical systems, all equipment, heating, cooling, state inspections are just part of the fun I deal with on a regular basis. Oh, and being on call 24/7 is a joy as well |loony|

ecchi 2013-12-31 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 531442)
WOW! An unsolicited post about the benefits of this board! I am truly flattered!

And this on top of the hall of fame thing! Soon you will be so famous you won't talk to us little people!

Greenguy 2013-12-31 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy (Post 531473)
lol .. I wish at times :) Actually the fire systems, electrical systems, all equipment, heating, cooling, state inspections are just part of the fun I deal with on a regular basis. Oh, and being on call 24/7 is a joy as well |loony|

Ok then: Glorified Janitor AND Handyman :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecchi (Post 531484)
And this on top of the hall of fame thing! Soon you will be so famous you won't talk to us little people!

Do I know you?

|couch|

:D

ecchi 2014-01-01 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 531489)
Do I know you?

I hope so, because when all this fame and recognition starts to make you rich, I intend to try to talk you into investing in my movie! :)

housekeeper 2014-01-09 06:12 PM

I'm feeling a lot of love in the room, I come here for the cool emoticons |party