Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2018.05.23 The Ants Go Marching One By One (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=69592)

ArtWilliams 2018-05-23 07:36 AM

2018.05.23 The Ants Go Marching One By One

Good morning. |coffee

Every spring we've been overrun by carpenter ants. You know, your average black ants. Usually they quickly disappear. This year, they won't give it up so we've resorted to getting someone in to spray. That means I will be out with my wife, the 2 cats and my dog from noon until 7pm today. We'll be hanging at a friend's house.

That's all the excitement for my day. I am hoping to get some work done as I sit on their porch in mid-20s degree weather.

Have a great day! |thumb

Greenguy 2018-05-23 07:59 AM

Morning! |waves|

The Service Manager from the pool company called me yesterday & he could not apologize enough for the problems. He then offered to meet me at the house & proceeded to get the pool up & running himself |thumb Of course, there's another issue that's completely out of my control that's pushing the closings to next week :( The only good thing is that the buyers took early occupancy & I'm getting $80/day from them until it closes :D

My chiro's on her honeymoon, so I saw the massage therapist that works in her office to at least get my lower back loosened up, which was nice & relaxing, but it's not the same & today my back feels like https://sandraminadotty.files.wordpr...stab.gif?w=652

I really have to get off wifi - I tried reviewing some video galleries last night & it's was like being on dialup |banghead| Gonna try to fix that today, continue to unpack, pick up the ASSIL, and generally go |loony|

Greenguy 2018-05-23 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwilliams (Post 551861)
Every spring we've been overrun by carpenter ants...

Almost forgot: when I was at the old house yesterday I noticed a lot of carpenter bees flying around, so I started looking at the wood on the pool house deck & under the shelter and all I can say is I'm glad I moved 🧀

Ramster 2018-05-23 08:13 AM

Good morning |waves|

Cold is still lingering so sleep hasn't been the best lately but I am up and working and that is the plan for the day. Suppose to be a beautiful day so I will likely take off late afternoon/dinner time and go eat somewhere with the wife since it is her day off.

More |coffee

Toby 2018-05-23 09:20 AM

Well... the back is about the same, probably because I spent several hours yesterday turning full boxes into empty ones. Ibuprofen is my new BFF. At least I now I have all my clothes accessible for the first time since last Sept.

|coffee is on, y'all help yourselves...

JustRobert 2018-05-23 11:54 AM

Good Morning :)

Grocery shopping is on the to do list today and since I got up late and spent more time with the cat looks like I won't get to work until after lunch.

Other than this I've got nothing!

Enjoy your Wednesday!

sarettah 2018-05-23 06:43 PM

Quote:

The Ants Go Marching One By One
Harrah, Harrah.

;p

sarettah 2018-05-23 06:46 PM

We were going to have a total pool renovation done. Had a deal that would have been around $15k for everything, old deck tore out, new deck put in. Redo the pool.

Worked on the deal starting back in Mid March. Got several estimates, had people over multiple times.

They pissed me off yesterday because of lack of communication so I killed the deal :(

So, now no pool because I had already started tearing everything down, and starting from scratch.

Very depressing.

Greenguy 2018-05-24 02:29 AM

No pool at the new house, which makes me |banana|

sarettah 2018-05-25 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 551874)
No pool at the new house, which makes me |banana|

Yeah, a pool is a pain in the ass but I still like having it.

My pups love it more than I do, lol.

|banana|