Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday October 11th (aka Borrowing From Peter To Pay Paul) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=68943)

Greenguy 2017-10-11 06:57 AM

Wednesday October 11th (aka Borrowing From Peter To Pay Paul)

Morning! |waves|

School Taxes are due Monday & this is the 1st time I've had to pay them without a mortgage |scared|

A local medical supply company delivered my stepdaughter's in-home dialysis supplies yesterday: a 4x4x4 pallet of 50 boxes that he had to put on his hand cart 5 at a time, drag thru her house, up the stairs, and into a spare room. I'd have felt bad for the guy except he had a motorized hand cart that basically went up the stairs on it's own. Delivery methods sure have changed since I worked in the transportation industry back in the 90's!

Not a lot planned for today. I do have to go grocery shopping for my mom & pick up a few scripts. Other than that, it'll probably be work for me |thumb

ArtWilliams 2017-10-11 08:08 AM

Morning. |coffee

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 548378)
Morning! |waves|

School Taxes are due Monday & this is the 1st time I've had to pay them without a mortgage |scared|

A big difference between Canada and the US is our school taxes are paid through general provincial revenues (income & sales taxes). It amazes me what some of my American friends pay on local school taxes. It's like paying a small mortgage! |scared|

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 548378)
Morning! |waves|

A local medical supply company delivered my stepdaughter's in-home dialysis supplies yesterday: a 4x4x4 pallet of 50 boxes that he had to put on his hand cart 5 at a time, drag thru her house, up the stairs, and into a spare room. I'd have felt bad for the guy except he had a motorized hand cart that basically went up the stairs on it's own. Delivery methods sure have changed since I worked in the transportation industry back in the 90's!

A long time friend of ours had dialysis this way. It's a great improvement on having to go to the hospital.

It's raining here in Toronto and that means low pollen counts so I don't feel quite as crappy today. I plan on working on adult an hour or two a day going forward so watch for some submits shortly. My expectations are low but it's something I enjoy doing anyhow.

Have a great day! |thumb

JustRobert 2017-10-11 11:18 AM

Good Morning :)

Yesterday was 1st day of chemo and it did not go well :(
After 3 hours of receiving chemicals in her system my wife was suppose to keep hydrated so she would urinate every hour. Unfortunately she started retaining water quickly, this happens sometimes due to one of the drugs, and starting feeling really bad as the excess chemicals were not being released. Had to call doctors for them to prescribe a drug to help with this which did not help until middle of the night. This is going to be a long 5 or 6 months.

I actually submitted a couple of galleries this morning and will hopefully get to do some work as the wife seems to be a bit better for the moment. So I better get to it.

Enjoy your day!

Greenguy 2017-10-11 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 548382)
Yesterday was 1st day of chemo and it did not go well :(

So sorry to hear that :( Hugs to you two |greenheart|