Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   I'm Looking For....... (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Paysite Hosting (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=46987)

KCat 2008-05-10 03:13 PM

Paysite Hosting

Hey guys! I'm thinking about switching up my hosting companies and looking for some quotes.

I run two very small paysites that don't have a lot of traffic, but they do have a lot of content. I need 120 GB hard drive space and the ability to run scripts like my members area CMS (Awiz).

I'm currently using The Planet and pay $109 for a dedicated box with 1500 GB transfer per month (not sure how that converts to the Mbps some hosting sites use). I've never done anywhere near 1500 GB/month though, so that's not an issue for me.

Mostly I'm looking for something with a bit more support so if something goes down while I'm AFK, it's handled. If my box is hacked, is there a backup process in place? If there's a big spike in bandwidth due to password trading, will I be alerted so I can shut the pass down?

Any recommendations for good hosts that won't break the bank are welcome!

Cleo 2008-05-10 03:26 PM

See sig

KCat 2008-05-10 03:36 PM

$300 base cost for dedicated? Ouch. That's triple what I'm paying now. Unless it comes with free SE traffic, I think they're out of my price range. :)

Cleo 2008-05-10 03:48 PM

You may want to contact them to see if they can give you a better deal.

Their support is outstanding . They host all of my stuff and this board too.

DangerDave 2008-05-10 05:03 PM

KCat.. listen to Cleo.... :D

I would give you the same advice...

DD

Maj. Stress 2008-05-10 05:05 PM

mojohost.com There is a toll free number on the site that you can call Brad and he will be more than happy to go over your options with you.

Oh, and tell him I sent you when you call. :D

papagmp 2008-05-10 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maj. Stress (Post 401324)
mojohost.com There is a toll free number on the site that you can call Brad and he will be more than happy to go over your options with you.

Oh, and tell him I sent you when you call. :D

I have to agree with Stress - moved to www.mojohost.com a month ago and love the service

Ramster 2008-05-11 08:19 AM

I use Mojo as well. Good service and company.

docholly 2008-05-11 10:55 AM

Ditto to Cleo/DangerDave.. We've been with Co-lo for a few years and no down time, fast response on tickets and super speedy. I use them for both Adult and non-adult. |thumb

SinSational 2008-05-11 11:35 AM

take a look at our plans. we could something custom on one of our semi-deds if you need that much storage and want to keep costs down. contact me with any questions and for some quotes.

HappySpanker 2008-05-11 08:33 PM

Mojo seems exciting, and has good co-lo rates too. But what's up with the charging for IPs? IPs are like the ketchup and mustard you give with the hamburgers you sell. If they charge for an item like that which they receive for free, are there fine-print charges?

What am I missing here...

papagmp 2008-05-11 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappySpanker (Post 401407)
Mojo seems exciting, and has good co-lo rates too. But what's up with the charging for IPs? IPs are like the ketchup and mustard you give with the hamburgers you sell. If they charge for an item like that which they receive for free, are there fine-print charges?

What am I missing here...

On my plan, Mojo gives me a separate IP for every domain I have at no extra charge - Talk to Brian there and see what they do on other plans

MMemmer 2008-05-11 09:46 PM

Hello KCat,

http://www.Caro.Net has brought over quite a few clients for the exact reason you are looking to change. Beyond support I can help you get the monitoring setup, as well as an off server backup solution, and meet your budget expectations as well.

Hit me and lets discuss the specifics to you. |thumb