Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MovieRoom help (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=48104)

sue-fl 2008-07-24 10:22 AM

MovieRoom help

|waves|
When I try to login to the webmasters area at MovieRoom it takes me to a page that says you have now logged out Return To The Login Page.

Anybody else having this problem?

Useless 2008-07-24 10:23 AM

I just logged in and it went fine for me. The hosted galleries page is still blank though! (could be a PHP error along the way)

Tekster 2008-07-24 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless Warrior (Post 411201)
I just logged in and it went fine for me. The hosted galleries page is still blank though! ...)

Same here

sue-fl 2008-07-24 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless Warrior (Post 411201)
I just logged in and it went fine for me. The hosted galleries page is still blank though! (could be a PHP error along the way)

Hi UW! That is strange I still can't login, I emailed them yesterday but my mail bounced back to me??

Useless 2008-07-24 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue-fl (Post 411206)
Hi UW! That is strange I still can't login, I emailed them yesterday but my mail bounced back to me??

Is Florida now a banned country? :D

I just sent Marc an ICQ with this thread. I would have assumed the logging issue is your browser and maybe clearing your cookies would help. The email thing is a whole other issue, I'd guess.

sue-fl 2008-07-24 11:31 AM

Well I can get in now, but also can get no galleries.

LeRoy 2008-07-24 11:45 AM

The galleries have not worked for me either. The random ones work though :)

Toby 2008-07-24 11:47 AM

Just a WAG, but the symptoms sure sound to me like they've just changed hosts.

cd34 2008-07-24 12:01 PM

Toby, I think you're close. I'm thinking an application is now load balanced across multiple machines, and the application isn't aware of that fact. Clustering is easy until you toss in code that wasn't ever made to cluster. :)

Key breakage in one client app was due to the app using php sessions which was adjusted by making a minor change to the load balancers. Didn't eliminate the problem but did make the problem much less visible.

mb 2008-07-24 06:34 PM

So sorry for the troubles! We are adding a 2nd database server to the mix and it's causing issues as you can see. The login should work and I'm waiting on my programmer to fix the hosted gallery issue. Should be up by tonight.

Thanks Useless Warrior for the head's up!

sorry!

marc

mb 2008-07-25 11:29 AM

Just an fyi that everything is in perfect working order.

marc

Useless 2008-07-25 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb (Post 411360)
Just an fyi that everything is in perfect working order.

marc

Sweet.

BTW, I'm still in love with that nifty Smart Niche script. I have literally THOUSANDS of dynamic pages which I had no proper way of monetizing until you released that banner delivery system. Now all I have to do is get my traffic levels up. (How hard could that be? |pokefun| UW)

CrazySy 2008-08-08 09:42 AM

By any chance any of you know what their payout date is? Is it a random day? I asked Marc before but did not get a clear answer.

It would be nice to have an actual date. :)

Simon 2008-08-08 10:00 AM

Sy - I think it's about 7 days after the end of each period.
Sometimes a day more, sometimes a few days less.

Useless 2008-08-08 10:03 AM

The payment history page says:
Quote:

Please Note: Payments are sent out 3-7 days after the period is over.
and the stubs I have here show that to be true.

CrazySy 2008-08-08 10:11 AM

Thanks Simon, this is my second payment I am waiting for, my first payment was made on the 10th of the month. I just didn't know if there was a set date or not that you guys might be aware of.

UW, I did see the note on the site and I get epassporte payment. I was just curious knowing I am pretty much new promoting MovieRoom (I hope I have made you a few cents :D)

Thanks guys.

Useless 2008-08-08 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazySy (Post 413969)
UW, I did see the note on the site and I get epassporte payment. I was just curious knowing I am pretty much new promoting MovieRoom (I hope I have made you a few cents :D)

Me too! |smooch|

I get checks, (my ePass card expired and don't feel like paying for a new one.) but I can tell by the dates on them that the pay date isn't set in stone. I don't know if thats MR's choice or the check service they use.