Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tuesday May 12th (aka I Had To Think About What Month It Is) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=71400)

Greenguy 2020-05-12 06:28 AM

Tuesday May 12th (aka I Had To Think About What Month It Is)

Morning! |sars|

Up early for no real reason. Spent most of yesterday working & that's the plan for today, except I do get to go to the chiro & hopefully the bank.

Oh the lives we lead!

Question for all you sports fans that are rewatching old classic games like me: Do you like it if the description in the guide tells you why the game was a classic? Like "Joe Blow hits a walk-off home run in the 11th..." Or do you like it when they just tell you the teams & date of the game and that's it?

My answer: I hate both :D The 1st one ruins it for me, the 2nd gives me no reason to watch|lol|

ArtWilliams 2020-05-12 07:25 AM

Morning. |ArtWilliams|

My dog was agitating to be fed on the early side so here I am.

I'm not interested in old games but if I were I'd want to know nothing. It's the element of surprise -- not knowing the outcome -- that is of interest to me. My buddy was excited watching the old Raptor and Blue Jay victories. Me? Meh.

Today is my BIL's birthday. I seem to have more of a relationship with him than my wife. So I am going to go through the drive through and we'll tailgate a socially distanced lunch together. After that, there will be some grocery shopping and a pet store run. Yes, "oh what lives we lead!"

Have a good one! |thumb

Ramster 2020-05-12 08:50 AM

Morning |waves|

Work as usual, nothing more, totally boring lol. I don't watch old rewind sports games honestly. A) too busy, I work every day until after dinner time and B) don't care to I guess lol

|coffee is on, avoid the |sars|

JustRobert 2020-05-12 10:15 AM

Good Morning :)

Watching old sports games of any sorts is a waste of time IMO unless you are an athlete or even a weekend warrior trying to improve your skill set. Otherwise there is far too much new shit to watch.

Taking today off the other stuff other stuff as I need to run to Home Depot, post office and especially the bank since there was a pile of checks built up. I was really waiting for my wallet spending money to get low which takes a little longer now because of covid19.

Enjoy your Corona Tuesday!

hincapie 2020-05-12 01:42 PM

Yay Danish football teams will start playing again soon ... the 1980/1981 hockey season that was ongoing in Sweden has been cancelled though and no hockey will be played till 2041/2042 season.

Otherwise just grumping, working, trying to fix a collapsed green house ...and such

jollyhumper 2020-05-12 02:32 PM

Good Evening |violin|

It's been a really shitty day, for no reason. (Probably is a reason, though. Most likely the 'overdone things again'-syndrome)

Been fiddling around with some updates and tweaking.
|dog had her yearly checkup and all is fine.

Today she has been my BFF for 4 years. I can't really imagine a life without her ...

Take care
|JollyHumper|

Greenguy 2020-05-12 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 560333)
I'm not interested in old games but if I were I'd want to know nothing. It's the element of surprise -- not knowing the outcome -- that is of interest to me. My buddy was excited watching the old Raptor and Blue Jay victories. Me? Meh.

But tonight it's Game 2 of the 1975 Wales Conference Finals between Guy Lafleur's Montreal Canadians and Gilbert Perreault's Buffalo Sabres
THAT'S OLD TIME HOCKEY!!! |hockey|

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRobert (Post 560336)
Watching old sports games of any sorts is a waste of time IMO unless you are an athlete or even a weekend warrior trying to improve your skill set. Otherwise there is far too much new shit to watch.

1 - BITE YOUR TONGUE! Reruns are all we have!
2 - There's been no |hellomoto| replays since this shitshow started?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollyhumper (Post 560343)
Good Evening |violin|

Them's fighting words! |swordfigh

JustRobert 2020-05-13 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy (Post 560351)
There's been no |hellomoto| replays since this shitshow started?

There has been but since I stopped racing 20 years ago it's not necessary to watch as I'm no longer studying their talents to improve mine.

I will say nostalgia viewing I understand sort of. Technology growth in motor sports is always nice to see plus flashing back to being a kid watching is good for the soul. But can only watch for about 10 minutes and I'm good.

Greenguy 2020-05-13 02:45 PM

Quote:

But tonight it's Game 2 of the 1975 Wales Conference Finals between Guy Lafleur's Montreal Canadians and Gilbert Perreault's Buffalo Sabres
THAT'S OLD TIME HOCKEY!!! |hockey|

The most confusing part of watching that game last night was that they weren't putting the score in the corner of the screen back then, so I had no idea who was winning!

ArtWilliams 2020-05-13 04:07 PM

Quote:

You know, if they replayed the 1967 Stanley Cup series when the leafs last won then I would watch it. I was 5 at the time. I have no recollection watching it but I am sure my Dad was glued to the TV.

Greenguy 2020-05-13 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtWilliams (Post 560369)
You know, if they replayed the 1967 Stanley Cup series when the leafs last won then I would watch it. I was 5 at the time. I have no recollection watching it but I am sure my Dad was glued to the TV.

I called my mom yesterday to tell her about the 1975 game & she remembers that I was in the hospital during that series & my dad was offered tix to one of the games but had to say no, so they watched it from my hospital room.

BUT...

I was back home by the Finals & my mom & dad were at the fog game where Jim Lorentz killed a bat with his stick|lol|