Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   General Business Knowledge (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What Form Of Payment From A Sponsor Do You Prefer Skippy? (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=19027)

Greenguy 2005-04-27 01:40 PM

What Form Of Payment From A Sponsor Do You Prefer Rumpleforeskin?

I'm not going to say that I'm fighting with a couple of sponsors about this, but I'm old school & pretty much assume that when I sign up to an affiliate program, they'll pay me with a check.

I'm finding more & more that don't offer payments by check & use wires or something like ePassporte or Storm Pay or whichever the fad of the day is :)

I'm not a big fan of wires (had a big problem with one a few years ago that left a sour taste in my mouth) I don't really mind ePassporte, but nothing beats having that check come in the mail, opening the envelope & putting the info into MS Money :)

So - if you had the option on all of these (and you paid the fees, since most don't eat the transfer costs unless it's a large amount) which would you choose?

Cleo 2005-04-27 01:46 PM

I wish all my sponsors did ePassporte.

Don't like checks in the mail at all. They get lost and if I'm out of town they just sit in the mail box. I get the same warm fuzzy feeling logging in and see deposits as I do opening letters without all the hassle of dealing with mail.

CCBill is my biggest income and they don't do ePassporte. :(
They do direct deposit I hear but I've never gone trough the trouble of setting it up and it annoys me that they want $25 bucks for each direct deposit.

Chop Smith 2005-04-27 01:46 PM

I'll take a check and I sure don't want to incur a fee for being paid something owed to me. Damn that 35c charge from ccBill.

Greenguy 2005-04-27 01:52 PM

Added one for you Cleo :)

latinafind 2005-04-27 02:05 PM

I like checks too (although here there are silly fees) + Epassporte is also good.

Jel 2005-04-27 02:16 PM

epassporte all the way for me :D

ccbill is also my main source of income, I'm looking forward to the day when they incorporate epassporte payments (as I'm sure they will - be it a month or 2 years).

ponygirl 2005-04-27 02:58 PM

a cheque in your hand sure is nice...although being in Canada most of them get held for 2 wks |angry|
but it's ok cuz the exchange makes it worth it (well for now anyway) :D

Ponygirl

emmanuelle 2005-04-27 03:12 PM

I love getting checks in th mail :-)

I HATE the $100 minimums though..... It took me a year to make my first $35 sale with one program, now I find out that I wont get paid till I make 3 more |angry|

emmanuelle 2005-04-27 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygirl
a cheque in your hand sure is nice...although being in Canada most of them get held for 2 wks |angry|
but it's ok cuz the exchange makes it worth it (well for now anyway) :D

Ponygirl

Ponygirl- talk to your bank. If you have a business account and a good relationship with them, you can often get that hold reduced or removed.

MrMaryLou 2005-04-27 03:17 PM

Checks and Epassorte are ok by me but I wont even join if they have to wire me the money :(

swedguy 2005-04-27 03:19 PM

A regular old check in the mail gets me going :D

I don't really like having too much in my ePass account since it doesn't do much use there. The ePass exchange rate sucks compared to my other options, so I only keep little money in there to pay designers and stuff like that.

CrazySy 2005-04-27 03:22 PM

ePassporte and checks however I like ePassporte more than checks :D

Useless 2005-04-27 03:52 PM

I'd prefer a mix of beer and blowjobs, but if that isn't offered, I'll take a check. If they'd make direct deposit simple and free, I'd take that. I like check stubs for accounting purposes too.

bdld 2005-04-27 04:11 PM

i enjoy epassporte for amounts under 1k, checks for larger ones.

Rui 2005-04-27 04:56 PM

ePassporte all the way, its one of the best things ever made(at least for European and non-US) webmasters :=)

Jim 2005-04-27 05:10 PM

I have never understood why anyone would have a problem with wires.

stuveltje 2005-04-27 05:18 PM

i like epassporte the most and direct deposit, because i am foreign it takes to long to receive the check, plus my bank takes to long to sent me the money of the check, then my bank send me huge bills for cashing the check, and then every 3 months i get an fight with my bank again because it seems some checks bounched back and with the administration of my bank i cant see which ones, my first choise is epassporte:))))

Lunatic 2005-04-27 05:19 PM

I like epassporte the best. I don't like having to drag my lazy butt to the bank, plus it's great being paid instantly on payday.

Fido 2005-04-27 05:25 PM

In the past it took 14 days for sponsor to write out the check, another 14 days for the postal service to deliver it to me and about 2 months to cash it out.

Now (or in the near future) with EP I could instantly, when I get sign up, withdraw the money from the ATM in front of my house (everywhere on the globe).

Guess what do I prefer? :)

Rand 2005-04-27 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenguy
So - if you had the option on all of these (and you paid the fees, since most don't eat the transfer costs unless it's a large amount) which would you choose?

GreenGuy - Your sig is great!

I'm not an affilate of any programs but if I were I'd prefer the instant payout of ePassporte. -- Big Surprise!

I do have funds loaded onto my ePassporte account at least twice a month. I spend the cash faster than that though. |pimpin

Greenguy 2005-04-27 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
I have never understood why anyone would have a problem with wires.

It really does depend on the amount - hell, if you sent me a wire it'd cost you $20-25 (which you'd take out of what you're sending me) and then my bank charges me for incoming wires - I forget how much, but let's say it's $10 - so maybe $35 for the wire?

I can wait the 3 days it takes the check to get here (especially since I have a line of credit with the bank so most funds are available instantly - lol)

Cleo 2005-04-27 09:30 PM

I didn't realize that wires cost so much. Guess this explains CCBill's wire charge.

PR_Tom 2005-04-27 09:38 PM

I would *prefer* direct deposit, so I voted for it. I take a check from every sponsor I use though, except the one which offers direct deposit.

I'm reluctant to join epassporte because I'm stubborn, but since I've been told you can go in and transfer funds direct to your bank account, I suppose I'll have to do it and do the direct depositing myself.

Joe 2005-04-27 09:41 PM

ePassporte all the way.

Btw, concerning the ePassporte Electron card, how has the success rate been?

I heard some people were having trouble using it at select locations even though they allowed VISA cards.

Cleo 2005-04-27 09:45 PM

I just use mine to take out cash at ATMs.