Greenguy's Board

Greenguy's Board (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wednesday September 18th (aka Decision Time) (http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/showthread.php?t=70858)

Greenguy 2019-09-18 06:22 AM

Wednesday September 18th (aka Decision Time)

Morning! |waves|

Been up since about 3AM because I have a big decision to "make" today about my mom. I put that in quotes because I've already made it, I just have to break the news to her. It's to the point where I can't take care of her anymore, so I'll be calling her doctor to see what the process is to get her into a nursing home :(

So yeah |facepalm|

Ramster 2019-09-18 09:12 AM

Good morning, afternoon for me |waves|

Been in Europe a week now, Prague for 5 days and came to Amsterdam Monday, Been working, meetings etc and a bit of drinking here and there |lol| Off to a brewery tour shortly that the TheHun is organizing of a brewery he bought |thumb

JustRobert 2019-09-18 10:14 AM

Good Morning :)

Greenie, It's a hard choice but in the end it will be better for both of you. I remember when my grandpa went into an assisted living/nursing home. It was tough on both sides but even my grandpa said he wished we would of done it sooner once he settled in.

Have fun Ramster!

Driving out to see my see son in a couple of hours. He's an hour away so I don't like that part but I do have to pick up my tux/final fitting today and it's out that way.

Other than that and picking up a couple of cheeseburgers it will be work and tv binge. Really should start on the two speeches I gotta give but I still have a week |couch|

Enjoy your Wednesday!

jollyhumper 2019-09-18 01:00 PM

Evening! |waves|

Good luck with your decision, must be a really tough one.

More of the same as yesterday; planning for the upcoming event.
Long days. Worked a bit more after I came home, now I'm going to chill out, for the remaining hours of today.
|dog is nagging, I think she finds me a bit boring these days, better make amend later

Enjoy your day
J:)lly

Pagan 2019-09-18 06:13 PM

It is a very tough decision, but it also reflects on the quality of care you want your mom to have. Staying with you is nice, but she needs more than you and your family can give her. She may resent it for a time, but in the long run it could be the best thing for her. Many nursing homes also have time for the residents to socialize along with other activities to keep them entertained - much more so than napping and TV. Tough one, but understandable. I am sure I will face that same decision with my mom one day.

hony 2019-09-18 10:43 PM

Hugs for you Greenguy. I've been there. It is tough.

JAI-LING 2019-09-18 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramster (Post 557695)
Good morning, afternoon for me |waves|

Been in Europe a week now, Prague for 5 days and came to Amsterdam Monday, Been working, meetings etc and a bit of drinking here and there |lol| Off to a brewery tour shortly that the TheHun is organizing of a brewery he bought |thumb

Bought a brewery? I need to visit. |thumb

Sorry to hear that Greenie. That's a tough one. Prayers to you all.

ArtWilliams 2019-09-19 07:53 AM

Greenie, that's sounds really tough. I know you've written before about wanting to keep her home but it sounds like what you are doing is best for her and your family. |greenheart|

Greenguy 2019-09-19 11:19 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for all the comments about my mom 💚