View Single Post
Old 2008-10-31, 11:50 AM   #7
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by hony View Post
Oh and send me plain text emails -- no funky html that'll trip my spam filters!
I'm the opposite - I prefer to be able to click on the links within the email since it's the fastest way to preview the galleries/free sites. (A certain sponsor sends HTML newsletters that are all mucked up, so I see the HTML code rather than the newsletter.) I also prefer to have my affiliate code already in the links, but if I like the sponsor, it's no big whoop if they aren't already coded.

I tend not to add new links right away unless I'm working on doing that at the time that I receive the newsletter, so I often save newsletters as a reminder that I wanted to add those links. Looking at my inbox, I have two past newsletters from one program and three from another. The former sends me coded links, but in plain text form. I like that program's sites, so I don't mind copying and pasting the links to preview them, but I'll more likely grab them from their admin. The latter sends me clickable links with the standard XXXXX in place of my affiliate code. Again, it's another program that I like, so pasting my aff. code is not a problem.

I don't like newsletters that are sent too often and I prefer not to have very much "news" in them, as odd as that my sound. So many sponsors create news that doesn't mean piss to me and it's nothing more than several paragraphs of fluff that I have to scroll past in order to see if there's anything pertinent in the email. Just the facts, ma'am.

Also, it's very important [to me] that the Sender in the email header is, or includes, the program name. I'm at a point where I'm scrolling down with my mouse on the Junk button and I'm only looking at the Sender field. If I get an email with a stranger's name in the Sender field, it goes straight to my McCain/Palin bin without a second look.

Last edited by Useless; 2008-10-31 at 11:53 AM..
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote