View Single Post
Old 2014-06-06, 05:49 PM   #12
housekeeper
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to housekeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramster View Post
Surfers are WAY more educated today than in the past and know about updates and exclusive content....show updates by date to show the site is still updating daily/weekly/whatever.

Multi page tours I don't think are as important as a main page with updates, a models page, maybe 1-2 other pages with features you have such as Videos and Photos.
I agree with that thinking, additionally I think making the important parts of the landing page or main content page highly visible and accessible.

A video trailor is important, a surfer is going to want to see the quality and type of content, as well as how the video will stream. Make certain to keep that on the same page and well marked with respect to "play video sample" or by clicking on the video which ideally would have an arrow button.

Secondly, and one thing I always look for on a tour, picture samples. I see a lot of tours from good sites/programs that don't have full sized image samples. I'm certain that makes a difference to the customer, I know it bother me when I'm unable to access or view a couple of photo sample. 1024 x 768 or slight above, or even as low as 900 x 600 in the form of a pop up. Good to have as viewable material, and surfers will also download these sample which can likely serve as the impetus to return to the site.

Basically the content as a whole and the ease of accessing it quickly is how a tour should be viewed, with the thinking that keeping them on one page longer than worrying about clicking through. Then the surfer can continue to access the navigation elements of the site.
housekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote