View Single Post
Old 2005-10-14, 06:49 AM   #16
neveremail
Oh no, I'm sweating like Roger Ebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster
First - Im glad to see people thinking along these lines - unfortunately you are all giving Google a heck of alot more credit that its due.
If the pages are all on one domain - yeah Google will pick one and call the rest dupes - if you dont change the pages - if you change them AND - change the inside pages for each copy of the site - then you might have a chance of getting more than one copy in Google.

as far as the robots text thingie - you are submitting free sites to a LL - if the LL bans you because of this then they are not a LL - they are trying to build a SE hub - granted we would like to get some SE benefit but it sure isnt the main reason to run a LL - or make decisions on listing someone - there are definitely much better ways for a LL to get the phrases they want in a SE - which is why after testing niche recips we went back to the single recip.

I will repeat what I have said in other threads about this - the sites you submit to LLs should NOT be the copies you are trying to get in the SEs - a site that specifically is built for the SEs will do much better and can have a few more aggressive ways of getting surfers to buy - of course thats just my way of doing things but it seems that it has worked well for a bunch of us over the years
Hey Linkster I was hoping you would pop in.

From the other people who I respect as been very experienced in SEs they have also said that worrying too much anout this shit is giving google more credit than they deserve.

Still I'd like to ask you a few questions to try and clear some things up:

1. Is any LL owner against the robots.txt thingy??

2. If you use the robots.txt thingy will it disregard the incoming links to the pages you have stated are not to be indexed??

3. Would this be a good approach - put in the robots.txt that all the mirrors submitted to LLs are not to be indexed and only the version of the freesite you list on your own site (which is more ad intensive) is to be indexed for SEs.
This gets rid of any duplicate content/doorway issues (although these mught not be important anyway) and ensures that the ad intensive version of the freesite gets listed in SEs and not the LL version.
But would you have got a higher ranking if you had allowed all versions to be indexed??

4. How do you do it Linkster??

5. I want bill to come here and offer his opinion
neveremail is offline   Reply With Quote