View Single Post
Old 2005-10-13, 12:05 PM   #5
neveremail
Oh no, I'm sweating like Roger Ebert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCherry
What search engines don't like is doorways that have exactly the same content, they see it is spam. Believe me, I know, I got busted for this from Google years ago, when I had the same link page on multiple domains and they banned about 75% of the domains.
Thats different because the link pages were on different domains. Replicated content on different domains is handled by google a lot differently than having replicated content within your own site. I've been asking around and everyone has a different opinion on the effect of duplicated content and doorways on a single site. Some say they get penalised and some say it makes little difference and google just chooses the "most relevant" duplicate to list in SERPs. For me it seems to be the latter.

Quote:
If you do multiple doorways, however, and change up the text, graphics, etc. on each, it could be an advantage.
This is very true, if you have seven duplicates you can easily turn them into 7 individual freesites which will definately help SE. But In the time it took to change 7 freesite duplicates you could have spent that time making more freesites. And if the doorway pages have little effect on SERPs then making more freesites will be more benificial than changing the content on duplicates.

Quote:
I think it is the long-term question, what are you trying to do. Get a lot of traffic off link lists (short or long term) or get less traffic and more from SE's?
Well my aim is to get the most money from my efforts. More traffic from both LLs and SEs to my freesites means more money. So i'm trying to figure out the best way to construct and submit my freesites that will bring me the most money in the long term.
So if making only one doorway and submitting to 20 LLs would bring me more cash then making many doorways and submitting to many LLs in the long term then I will just submit to 20.

Quote:
Did I answer your question?
Every opinion will help make me an informed decision so thanks. And you have brought up some good discussion points

Whats everyone else got to say???
neveremail is offline   Reply With Quote