View Single Post
Old 2009-09-04, 09:05 PM   #3
Pagan
Perverted Empress

*IF* the only content that was available to the illegal tubes was poor quality, short clips I might agree. Most ISPs won't be caught, and frankly could care less. Big guys like Roadrunner don't blink even when presented with documentation that they are hosting illegal sites using blatantly pirated software. It wasn't, "Prove it", it was "So what? We don't have the manpower to check on this stuff, even with a complaint".

I think sponsors also have to consider what it does when their content is splattered all over the web (and no, I am not speaking of the limited free content we affiliates are permitted to use for promotion). If surfers get it all for free, why bother buying? Make the tube clips low quality and short and give the affiliates a bit better quality and longer so that we can show the freeloaders WHY they should subscribe. How dismal is the conversion rate from a tube site versus bandwidth and investment?

Not all ISPs are in countries that care about copyright or 2257. In some respects, targeting the ISP just drives the illegal operators offshore and onto hosts where anything goes, including underage crap. Is this really the best way?