View Single Post
Old 2005-05-14, 04:45 PM   #16
Joe A
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Kit

I suggest that you study the law related to DMCA action.

When a DMCA notice is served it is sent to the offending domain, their host, cc processor if necessary and the upstream provider. This is not abuse, but how the matter is dealt with. Contact your lawyers and they will confirm this is 100% correct. I should also have sent a signed fax for it to be served correctly, but there is no fax number on your whois. What I did find funny, was that one of your admin then asked me who they should email to confirm removal of the material. For such a professional company who received one DMCA notice that listed all it had been served on, you should have known who to reply to.

I keep a sample DMCA notice on line for others who find their copyright material being used without permission. This has been openly available to all since 2001, which is how long I have been sending them to domains who ignore my original request.

Finally why ignore the apology I received from Andrei who admitted to errors. That wasn't necessary but he sent it and it was appreciated.