View Single Post
Old 2018-06-21, 03:46 PM   #10
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenguy View Post
As much as I agree with the latter, he is correct: everyone that works in retail clothing stores around here has a story of a Canadian wearing home what they bought to avoid the border taxes & leaving what they wore down in a dressing room.
<sarcasm>Oh, those NASTY Canadians!!! Imagine, spending their hard earned money on clothes and shoes in the US!! Then they sneak them across the border. Next, 45 will build ANOTHER wall to keep them northern migrants on their side of the border. Stores in border areas will be required to put up Canadians Go Home signs.</sarcasm>

I think this goes on in just about every border area, and has for many years. We see a way to get something we can't get in our own countries for a better price and we go for it. Real real common with US folk crossing into Mexico for medications, or doesn't that count? One of my cross stitchers was telling us about going over the border go buy her stitching supplies. That will be the next huge crisis - embroidery floss!!!

We see a lot of it here in Eastern Finland with Russians crossing and buying as much as they can. Their stores don't have what they want since the embargo several years ago. And yes, the clothing switch goes on here too. The only ones I know of that go the other way are the middle aged men looking for a cheap prostitute and chance of HIV. Honestly, I really don't understand why 45 is upset. The stores are making sales they would not normally make. They do collect taxes on the items, and they most certainly do have employees. Sucks on the taxes, but expect it to get worse with the trade wars looming. You do know there are too many German cars in the US, right?