View Single Post
Old 2004-02-16, 01:20 AM   #1
Boogie
I like to blog :)

I just found 240.00 bucks

I just found 240.00 of my OWN money. The problem? Its a check, from the year 2000.

Seems my book keeping is so bad, that I actually FILED a CHECK instead of a CHECK STUB. What a fucking nightmare.

So when going through papers and the like, guess what I found. That's right. 240.00 just sitting there.

of course, you may know, I'm packing to move into a new place. A quarter G would be a nice bit of pocket change to help with the move so, frankly, I sure hope it can be honored.

I contacted the people who wrote it, in the hopes that they'll be able to honor it still. I'm really hoping they will. If not, I'll frame it and put it on the wall as a kind of salute to how stupid I can be.

The point though, is ... I payed taxes on this money. Its been sitting there, not drawing interest, not buying me something nice to have. just sitting there, fading.

Dont let this happen to you! Keep good books. Keep good information and make SURE to cash ALL of your checks

I cant believe I did this, i cant even believe I'm admitting to it, but there it is all the same

If someone can learn from my mistakes, then... lol :p go for it.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote