Thread: hey LL owners
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-18, 10:48 PM   #55
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

I know from hanging out on other boards that many webmasters discount the value of free sites and don't feel it is worth their time to build and submit them. Plus they think that LL owners are rule Nazis, which at one time we were.

For me at least free sites convert about the same per click as TGP galleries but don't require a paid partner account and although the traffic is far less it does last for months or more unlike a TGP gallery which usually dies out very quickly.

I've let all my paid TGP accounts go except for Shemp because the ROI just wasn't worth it unless I was doing massive amounts of galleries each day which would leave me no time to do other things.

Part of the problem is our own doing from back in the days when we would get overwhelmed with crap submits and our rules keep on getting stricter and stricter. Most webmasters don't realize that LL rules have become more relaxed than most TGPs and have also become pretty standardized. Plus the old category recips were a real pain in the ass to use and now all of us are fine with a simple text link to our root.

So I would say we need to get the word out that today's free site submitter has relaxed and standardized rules that makes doing free sites easy to do.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote