Thread: hey LL owners
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-18, 07:14 PM   #53
Buncha
Ahhh ... sweet pity. Where would my love life be without it?

I'm not a LL owner, but I'd like to suggest a topic.

It seems to me that one of the big problems is the shrinking number of FS submitters. Lots of people have left the business, and there's nothing you can do about that. Many of the old FS submitters have moved to other aspects of the industry. And the newbies that are coming into the business are pushed towards other methods of promotion (blogs/tubes/ect).

I think that if LL owners worked together and made an effort to reach out to possible FS submitters, it would really help. Here's a few suggestions:

Write up an easy step-by-step tutorial of how to build and submit a freesite. That's how I learned. Unfortunately, many of those old tutorials are gone or out-of-date. If you show newbies how easy it is, they'll give it a try.

Get word out on other forums about the benefits of freesites. I never see people talking about FS (besides here on GG&J). Remind everyone that it's very inexpensive. All you need is a domain and cheap basic hosting. It doesn't require any advanced sitebuilding skills. And it's a good way to learn the basics.

Encourage old FS builders to start submitting again. I've seen a lot of people say, "I should try submitting freesites again". Let them know that LL aren't dead. There's still good traffic. FS are also a good way to push traffic to your other projects. And many of the new rules have made it even easier to build/submit sites.

Anyways, maybe I'm completely off, but I just wanted to put it out there.
Buncha is offline   Reply With Quote