View Single Post
Old 2005-06-09, 01:41 PM   #15
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by binxgook
I have recently started writing a book about life in general and some of the things that really get me in a uproar! (Binxgook has issues) The US government is one the biggest contributors to my daily agitation. I just cant understand how the citizens of the US can sit by and let these things happen. When will people wake up and realize that this country is not what it is supposed to be? I could go on for hours writing but I suppose I better save it for the book.
Ill tell you whats wrong, no one is dieing in front of people faces. I'm a American but can tell you that as long as I have money in my pocket I could give a shit about anything which is most peoples thoughts here. As long as I can pay the bills and go eat and drink where I want. Things like this pass over my head for about 2 minutes as I feel powerless to do anything about them. Yes I vote, yes I served and still no good as come from it ever. So what's an American to do? Sit back and let the world come crashing down. I got news for you, there is nothing you can do, if you were to raise up like other countries have in the past you would be confronted with the US military and they would kill you. Many people don't know there is a part in the oath that states. To defend against enemies foreign and domestic. I tell you from my personnal experience that many in the military would do what they were told. It would take some serious shit to convert them to help over thow the government. It would never happen, can you say defense budget? Ask some COL to give up his 5 million a year budget to end up losing his job and possibly going to jail afterwards. Sure ok. Anyway whats a person to do? Voting is the only thing that can truly change things, but people always seem to busy for that or just dont care anymore. As an American I an truly say my memory of shitty things here lasts about 1 month. It was only about 3 years ago gas was $1.30 a gallon and now look at it. But fact is people cried about the gas and then 1 month later took it as normal. It's not like the increase in gas prices are funding a war or anything.
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote