View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 07:25 PM   #67
LD
wtfwjd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySy View Post
^^ Can someone please translate what he said?

The point I understood him to make is that if you do multiple mirrors, only one of the mirrors gets indexed by G because they are duplicate content, so if a site is listed on your linklist, and it is one of the mirrors that does not get indexed, you're screwed from a SEO standpoint. BUT, if you have one site with 50 links on it, you have a unique site and all 50 list get benefit from Googles indexing. And since it's not uncommon for blogs to have 50+ recips, why not freesites?

I'm not saying I agree because I know shit about this stuff, and Greenie has already shot most of it down...but that's just my understanding of what he is saying.

Greenie mentioned a few post up that people can and do change the code and/or text on each mirror (I haven't been doing this, but I will start) then each mirror can get indexed. This does seem to have an advantage in that 2,3,4, or more sites get indexed instead of just one.

Also, Greenie mentioned that the end result is that the list owner gets benefit rather than the freesite builder.

At any rate, interesting thread. I am for anything that would help freesites convert better.