View Single Post
Old 2005-06-29, 01:37 PM   #5
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

I had a broken watch once that was right twice a day.

Generally, I feel that psychic predictions are so vague as to be twisted by inference.

In Pensacola, after Ivan, there was a picture of a psychic's 1 room 'office' that was completely demolished by Ivan. How could they not have known?

In Maryland, I saw a psychic that went out of business -- well, if you were psychic, wouldn't you have known that you would go out of business -- couldn't you have taken steps to succeed?

I'm forever a cynic on psychics. Most of them are parlor tricks. As for the predictions above, the WTC was attacked once before by terrorists, the WTC had extra anti-terrorist insurance. Anyone could have predicted it would be a target someday.

Train wreck -- rather major election coming up that separatists wanted to disrupt. Train's make headlines.

Justin Timberlake -- the media looks for things like this, whether it was the superbowl or something else, it would have happened.

Oscar performance -- a relatively good gamble.

Limbaugh scandal -- he's about a year late on the articles that were in the local papers to make a 'prediction'

Laci Peterson -- the police suspected that Scott dumped the bodies near where he went boating. Oohh... mystic prediction.

Clinton Scandal -- even in the Arkansas offices, Clinton always fraternized with assistants.

Nothing really surprising in any prediction.