View Single Post
Old 2004-12-21, 06:01 AM   #23
ngb1959
Oh no, I'm sweating like Roger Ebert

2004...what can I say...it was quite a learning experience for me. I learned that I thoroughly enjoyed learning <and still learning> this business from the ground up. It was the most challenging thing I have done in many years. Basically starting from scratch, not knowing html, graphics, etc. and learning by asking questions, searching the boards and finding good people like all of you.

Now that I look back at 2004, it seems uneventful now, but "starting the change of life", losing my 26 year old nephew suddenly, moving to a new area were very traumatic at the time.

Starting 2005, I have several goals set in order to generate income so I won't have to get a real job. And I intend on setting a regular work schedule - yeah, right!

As far as resolutions go, I could name about 20, but I'm not going to resolve to do anything because I won't finish them, so why start!

What I noticed the most about the people at this board is that you are very compassionate:

1. Just look at the contributions that were given to that poor woman who lost her husband about a month ago. I would venture to guess that the majority of donors have never met her, yet they offered financial help. That says a lot about people.

2. The genuine concern for our boys overseas is heartwarming. I don't have any ties to any soldiers, but reading your posts keeps me aware of the sacrifices they are making for our freedom.

3. The loss of pets is talked about here too. Even the men aren't shy about expressing their feelings.

You're a great group of people and I thank you for accepting me into your world.

Nina

Last edited by ngb1959; 2004-12-21 at 06:05 AM..
ngb1959 is offline   Reply With Quote