View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 08:17 AM   #10
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
I do understand why it might be good for SEO, but I hadn't noticed that before. I remember there being a lot more free sites listed on each category page. And didn't there used to be a way to get to 'more' of the free sites listings?

I'm wondering what happens to the submitted free sites that webmasters invest their time to build and submit...are they just displayed until they're pushed off those 30 available slots by new submissions? That might not take more than a few days with popular categories.

Does anyone remember a thread about whether Link Lists keep the submitted sites listed forever, adding them to archive pages accessible to the surfers, or just delete them from their databases after some period of time? I'm going to look for it, but if you remember/find it, please let me know. I think the time-value of a submitted link may be another important consideration in creating recip groupings in the future.

UW said "...limiting links per category via pagination or expiration may seem sucky to submitters, it's an intelligent SEO move for a link list owner" and I agree that doing this via pagination could be a good thing, it's the idea of 'expiration' that troubles me. It just seems a bit strange/unfair to insist on webmasters taking the time to build quality free sites if they're only to have a life-expectancy of a few days.

Is it just me who thinks that?