View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 07:18 PM   #29
gotcha
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Well I found out where I was losing a few sign-ups and it pisses me off. The free sites I was using in addition to my own sites were doing quite well, giving me an extra 10 or so sign-ups a month but as I said there was a change of TOS and I lost them. I was promoting payserve sites on them and I was the only webmaster doing those sites there. Now I find that the owner of the freesites has replicated my sites even down to the names and is promoting payserve himself. I guess he saw that my sites attracted quite a bit of traffic so he should do it himself. At the very least he could have signed up under me but he didn't even do that. So now I get to see his sites there taking my traffic. That is the rub with free sites, 0 control. Now I am going to have to get off my butt and replicate those sites on my bandwidth and get that traffic back. For you big guys it might not seem like a lot of money but it all adds up.

On another subject, is it the norm for affiliates to have to pay when a check goes missing? For the first time a cheque from the USA didn't arrive and I was told that for the first cheque they would not charge me for having to cancel it but if it happened again I would have to pay $30 per cheque. I know here in NZ you could not charge someone else for having to re-issue a cheque so is this just an affiliate thing or standard in the USA?

Cheers
gotcha
gotcha is offline   Reply With Quote