View Single Post
Old 2016-11-09, 12:49 PM   #4
ecchi
Banned

Jesus Christ on a bike, America - You went with ?!!!??!!????

What the fuck were you thinking?

In local news (local to me):

Seems like the entire country's media companies (TV news and newspapers) were at the end of my road today. A tram derailed killing several, injuring many, and trapping two in the tram. Dozens of police, firemen, ambulance crew/paramedics, and transport emergency team on site. I'd say well over a hundred people in total plus police cars, trucks and lorries, ambulances, and fire engines. There were even a couple of helicopters flying overhead at one point (although I'm not sure if they were emergency service or media copters).

When I first saw it I asked one of the police what was going on, as I could not see the tram where I was at that time. He accurately but unhelpfully replied "There has been an incident." I'm guessing that with that kind of "Accurate but useless" answer, he used to work on the help desk of a certain software company.

In the end I walked over to one of the TV news crews and asked them what was going on.

Walking down the road a little later, more than two hours after the incident, police cars were still rushing to the scene with sirens blaring. I noticed one (arriving over two hours after the incident) had painted on it's door "Rapid Response Team"!!!

ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote